Windows 10: STOP "problem with shortcut" error pop up boxes ANNOYING!

Discus and support STOP "problem with shortcut" error pop up boxes ANNOYING! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a shortcut to another computer on my desktop. Whenever that computer is offline, the i get an error message that says "problem w/ shortcut . .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dfny, Nov 23, 2019.

1. dfny Win User

STOP "problem with shortcut" error pop up boxes ANNOYING!

I have a shortcut to another computer on my desktop. Whenever that computer is offline, the i get an error message that says "problem w/ shortcut . . " i click it away by clicking 'ok,' and 10 seconds later i get another one. and another one (even if i dont click 'OK' on the prior one). If i do not delete that shortcut, I will get a screen full of these messages. I really would like to have that shortcut on my desktop. actually, it is to several different computers, each giving me the same error. This also happens when i am in some3 other folder with other shortcuts that are temporarily 'offline.'

cant i just stop those error messages entirely?

:)

2. davidhk Win User

How to stop annoying Windows 10 search box popups

I apologize if I appear to contradict you.
    Thing is, I have that setting in On position and I do not have the problems you describe.
    I am using a Win 10 Home.

STOP "problem with shortcut" error pop up boxes  ANNOYING! [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 23, 2019
  3. vivski Win User
    Very annoying pop-up

I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too.

It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so should be in Ease of Access, but I cannot see where the option to kill it resides.

I hope someone can suggest a solution before I throw something at the screen.

vivski, Nov 23, 2019
  4. ranjit Win User

annoying pop up

Thank you for the reply, your recommendation "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups" is already checked. I am sure that it is not a browser problem as i am getting same pop up suggesting other software's.

ranjit, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. STOP "problem with shortcut" error pop up boxes ANNOYING! - Similar Threads - STOP problem shortcut

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  4. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Annoying pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop-up: I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to activate my Norton license with an activation code. The pop-up is apparently sent by Microsoft Edge.singaporelocalfavourites.com The bigger problem is that the same sender keeps sending me pop-ups asking me to sign on for some...
  6. How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups

in Cortana
    How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups: Can someone help me stop Cortana from constantly popping up while i use my laptop? It's getting to the point that I want to throw the laptop out the window in frustration. These interruptions are random and make getting my tasks done nearly impossible. I now DREAD using my...
  7. Annoying pop-ups

Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  8. annoying pop up

in Browsers and Email
    annoying pop up: [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop...
  9. Very annoying pop-up

Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...
  10. Annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop-up: After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it. If only MS added some text to the...