Windows 10: stop program compatibility assistant notifications

Discus and support stop program compatibility assistant notifications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Amdcrash124, Dec 13, 2020.

1. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use gpedit.msc since i'm on 10 home.

the prompt looks like this.

windows 10 home [1909, build 18363.1256]

submitted by /u/Amdcrash124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Amdcrash124, Dec 13, 2020

2. Turn off Program Compatibility Mode

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing with compatibility on Windows 10?

I suggest you to stop the Program Compatibility Assistant service
    and check if it helps.

This service provides support for program compatibility assistant. PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects unknown compatibility problems. If this service is stopped PCA will not work properly.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc
      in the Start Search box.
    • Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Program Compatibility Assistant service and select
      Stop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2020
  3. How to stop the Compatibility Assistant at Windows 10 ? [SOLVED] !!!

Hi,

Program Compatibility Assistant automatically excludes programs running from network locations and programs containing fixes applied to them in the application compatibility databases. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d
    like to verify the following:

• Are you getting any issues with Compatibility Assistant?
    • Did you receive any error messages or error codes?
    • What is the build version of Windows installed on your device?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Dec 13, 2020
  4. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

Compatibility Assistant notifications every time I boot up

Hi,

A couple of days ago Windows 10 updated to version 2004. Since then I get the following notification every time I boot up:

stop program compatibility assistant notifications [​IMG]

I've tried clicking "Manage notifications" but the above app isn't listed and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn the notifications off. Please help.

Siliconchipmunk, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

stop program compatibility assistant notifications

1. stop program compatibility assistant notifications - Similar Threads - stop program compatibility

2. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  3. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  4. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  5. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  6. program compatibility assistant cannot load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program compatibility assistant cannot load.: I received an error that reads" program compatibility assistant a driver cannot load on this device." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-compatibility-assistant-cannot-load/d6119094-6160-4d77-8d8e-0520412fc50b
  7. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  8. Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys: Over the past couple of days, my computer started throwing the following error roughly every 15 minutes. [Window Title] Program Compatibility Assistant [Main Instruction] A driver cannot load on this device Driver: Config.sys Config.sys A security setting is preventing...
  9. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130
  10. Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications

Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications: Every time that I start up my laptop and load up my desktop, Compatibility Assistant gives me the exact same reminders every time. What do I need to do to stop this constant notification every time that I start up my system? Notifications: We turned on Windows Defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program compatibility Assistant Windows 11