Windows 10: Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

Discus and support Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tonightwetaco, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue.

I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user account but with its own settings. Thanks!

Windows 10 64bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

tonightwetaco, Nov 29, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue.

I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user account but with its own settings. Thanks!

Windows 10 64bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

tonightwetaco, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

User Account Settings

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly provide us the following:

• Screenshot of the User Account Settings that you are trying to access.
    • Steps that you have done with the registry.
    Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

1. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts - Similar Threads - Stop program settings

2. User settings transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User settings transfer: I have a problem where I had a main board blow and got a new computer, I can't get the old drive to boot up in the new machine as the OSduh. How do I transfer all my data to the new computer? Both win 10. Yes I can see the drive and access.Want better than drag and drop.Want...
  3. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?: Hello! If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I created a new user on my computer and some programs and files came with it and some didn't. submitted by /u/ReactedLizard...
  4. Separate programs between users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate programs between users.: Hi. Me and my brother are using a program called "Logitech G Hub" for our mouse and keyboard, but the problem is the program's settings and logged in accounts are synced trough users and it makes it difficult using it. I was wondering if there was a way to prevent another...
  5. transferring files between user accounts

transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  6. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  7. transferring data between user accounts

transferring data between user accounts: Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local...
  8. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  9. How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a Program between user accounts in Windows 10 Pro?: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine with two user accounts. One of the accounts has Excel and Word installed on in and I can't get it to show up in the other account. How can I allow the second user on my machine access to the same programs that are on the first users account?...
  10. App Transfer Between Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Transfer Between Accounts: I redeemed an app code for a game for my windows 10 PC a year ago but I accidently did it on this (my father's) account instead of on mine while the account that is usually logged on the PC is my account. is there a way I can transfer it between the accounts so it will be on...