Windows 10: Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall

Discus and support Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I having a program (Warframe) that is able to modify the windows firewall as it wish, delete everything, add anything. And I don't want a program to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by frejoh466, Apr 6, 2019.

1. frejoh466 Win User

Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall

So I having a program (Warframe) that is able to modify the windows firewall as it wish, delete everything, add anything. And I don't want a program to modify the firewall however it want. I believe that it gain the ability to do so because I'm on a admin account. I haven't given the program admin, but just because I'm on a admin account is enough.

I'm using Windows Firewall Control (WFC) and know that an old version can block every change that is not made by it. But was removed in newer version, and rather not use old version. But I must be able to block programs to change the firewall as it wish?

:)

frejoh466, Apr 6, 2019

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Remind us all of your Windows version?

lexluthermiester, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall

1. Stop programs from editing Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Stop programs editing

2. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Stop my kid from editing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop my kid from editing settings: How to stop my kids to access settings,powershell,cmd,registry,safe mode,reset,etc as through them he is bypassing the parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-my-kid-from-editing-settings/94238006-b98e-4f7f-8919-09d8bc26c5a6
  6. Stopping Programs and Services from Loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Programs and Services from Loading: I would like to create a User on my Windows 10 PC, so when that user logs on that only certain Processes/Services/Programs load or Start. I know many of you will REPLY with things like "why would you want to do that?" or "you should just get a different PC" Any help on...
  7. Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed

Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed: [ATTACH] I went into my firewall settings. I set an inbound and outbound rule to block a program on all networks. It appeared to work. But when I went into the "allow applications" options, I see that my newly-created rules are there. Why is this? The only way I can remove...
  8. block program in firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    block program in firewall: How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-program-in-firewall/0bf73322-b39c-4884-95e4-06631eeb35d5
  9. Remove program from Firewall list

Remove program from Firewall list: Hello, Recently uninstalled some program, it is still in the firewall programs list. I deleted the "V" from the box by clicking on 'change settings' but it comes back. How to remove it from the list ? Answers will be appreciated. 99965
  10. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...