Windows 10: Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

Discus and support Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I know about being able to turn off programs opening themselves after restarting your device, and I know how to manage those apps, but thats not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oggiVVV, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

So I know about being able to turn off programs opening themselves after restarting your device, and I know how to manage those apps, but thats not what I'm talking about here.

Whenever I go into Task Manager, and I notice a program that has absolutely no need to be open (for example: Microsoft Pay, I don't need that) I close it. If I check again after a few minutes or something, its open again. This happens with more than one program and its annoying.

Is there a way to keep these programs closed? Haven't been able to find anything online about this so I'm asking here.

submitted by /u/oggiVVV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oggiVVV, Jul 16, 2020

2. Unable to reopen programs from the task bar

Hi Rob,

For us to narrow down your concern with reopening your programs from the task bar, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Task manager closes unsolicited

Hello,

since yesterday's Windows 10 update, my task manager which I am used to keep always open

suddenly closes and disappears from time to time. This is accompagnied by a noice of

the processor which stops only after I reopen the taskmanager manually again.

I already restored my computer to the status before the Windows update

but unfortunately this behavior of the taskmanager remained.

Thank you for assistance to resolve this problem.

Achalendra, Jul 16, 2020
  4. xBazMaNx Win User

Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

AN UKNOWN FILE KEEP CLOSING MY TASK MANAGER AND USING THE CPU SO HIGH

• Hello everyone and sorry for my english

• as the title said i found a file named FD_1.4.57.11.exe which closing my task manager and using my hardware resources , that makes my cpu work so high and his temperature getting hot

• The problem is starting it close my task manager but after i reopen the task manager , the file closed fd_1.4.57.11....i tried to keep the task manager open but after 8 minutes the file start working and it close my task manager

after tracking this file i found it location in

C:/ Windows/SysWOW64/Speech/Engines/Q-1-91-38

but i can't access to this path "ACCESS IS DENIED"

• Can someone know what is that creepy file and how to eliminate it ?

Thanks

xBazMaNx, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

1. Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Stop programs reopening

2. task manager not closing programs after the last win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager not closing programs after the last win 10 update.: Task manager will not close a program I am having trouble with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-closing-programs-after-the-last/969ed07e-205c-4352-9352-ff9c884d481d
  3. programs reopen upon close

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs reopen upon close: Hi guys, I have a question about my PC with win10. Every time when I close a program ex Word, Skype, Zoom, it will automatically reopen again. I will have to close it the second time in order to close it completely. Please help, it is annoying. Thanks in advance!...
  4. Task manager kept closing but it then stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager kept closing but it then stopped: I went to open the task manager and it suddenly started closing after 4 seconds when I hit view allI remembered that I downloaded an edge extension and when I disabled it, it stopped Is the virus still on my pc?...
  5. Task manager kept closing but it then stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager kept closing but it then stopped: I went to open the task manager and it suddenly started closing after 4 seconds when I hit view allI remembered that I downloaded an edge extension and when I disabled it, it stopped Is the virus still on my pc?...
  6. Task manager kept closing but it stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager kept closing but it stopped: I went to open the task manager and it suddenly started closing after 4 seconds when I hit view allI remembered that I downloaded an edge extension and when I disabled it, it stopped Is the virus still on my pc?...
  7. Task manager kept closing but it stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager kept closing but it stopped: I went to open the task manager and it suddenly started closing and hit view all after 6 secondsit all of the sudden stopped closing, any ideas? do i have malware? how to remove it...
  8. After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops: So recently I noticed my mic wasnt working anymore, so I deleted and reinstalled my Realtek High Definition Driver. After that my mic worked perfectly fine. But when I closed and reopened my laptop the sound doesnt work (even with headphones). I just do the troubleshooting...
  9. Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them: This started completely out of the blue. I was playing on the pc for a few hours. While I was alt tabbed out of the game to google something, the game closed itself. I was not able to relaunch it, it would just close itself again in a secondin case it matters, its not a new...
  10. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.: Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything, but one thing causes me a lot of trouble, my Task Manager does not work, once you click it, it opens and shows "No running...