Windows 10: Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

Discus and support Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I use the Windows 10 game bar for xbox. I've been trying to play with multiple friend groups but to avoid drama I'd like to make it so people on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by r2drewpatterson, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

So I use the Windows 10 game bar for xbox. I've been trying to play with multiple friend groups but to avoid drama I'd like to make it so people on my friends list can't join me when I join someone else's party by clicking on me and selecting join party. I'm aware there's a set "invite-only" option in the party chat but idk if that option is available to people joining another person's party, so how would I be able to do this? As I'm fairly sure they could still join me if I set my profile to "offline"

:)

r2drewpatterson, Jul 24, 2020

2. Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

So I use the Windows 10 game bar for xbox. I've been trying to play with multiple friend groups but to avoid drama I'd like to make it so people on my friends list can't join me when I join someone else's party (by clicking on me and selecting join party).
    I'm aware there's a set "invite-only" option in the party chat but idk if that option is available to people joining another person's party, so how would I be able to do this? As I'm fairly sure they could still join me if I set my profile to "offline"

r2drewpatterson, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Cant join friend on minecraft.

I have been having trouble joining my friend's world in Minecraft. We are using cross platform. I am using a nintendo switch and they are using windows 10. When I try to join their world, it says "connecting to multiplayer game" but is then followed by
    a message saying "unable to connect to world". They can join me on my worlds but I cant join them. We are both connected to different networks. Help!

SonicFazbear, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

Can't be joined by friends in game(s)

I am having a rather annoying issue.

It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate!

For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that, invaders (other players who want to harm you) also never appear in my game. But my roommate is able to join my game!

Another example, a game called Raft has the same problem. I can join 2 of my friends, but when they try to join it just loads the UI of the game but for the rest it's a black screen and they can't do anything. (haven't tried this one with my roommate cause
    he doesn't have this game)

I have looked into:

- UPNP, which is working on the router and my pc.

- the svchost was blocked by Microsoft, but I have put it in the list of exceptions.

- After running sfc /scannow in CMD, it found some corrupt files. Those are (supposedly) fixed.

- Changing my IP to a dedicated one and opening NAT, this also didn't work

- Called Ziggo (Internet provider) to see if it might be an issue in the Router, tried some things but that didn't help either.

- Ran multiple antimalware programs and ran Windows Defender.

- Updated all the drivers.

- I currently have no other Antivirus program installed, just Windows Defender.

I am running out of ideas of what to do. Does anybody have any idea of what I could do?

Simon van Dalen, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

1. Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join - Similar Threads - Stop random friends

2. why cant i join my friends world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i join my friends world: I can join all my other friends worlds, but my friend who uses the same wifi as me because we are in the same house, i cant join his world and he cant join mine. I dont know what to do because we dont know which one of us is causing the problem....
  3. why cant i join my friends world

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i join my friends world: I can join all my other friends worlds, but my friend who uses the same wifi as me because we are in the same house, i cant join his world and he cant join mine. I dont know what to do because we dont know which one of us is causing the problem....
  4. cant join my friends on minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant join my friends on minecraft java: I just bought Minecraft Java and it wouldn't let my friend join me or me join her so we spent hours researching to find nothing so I bought realms to see if that would do anything but we still cant figure it out.Can someone please help? Thanks....
  5. I can't join my friends realm on bedrock

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't join my friends realm on bedrock: For some reason whenever try to play my friends realm i can't. I did everything i could do but nothing worked. I even changed both of the club option and i could join multiplayer. Nothing worked. How can i fix this?...
  6. I cant join my ps4 friend on minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant join my ps4 friend on minecraft: So basically, since it is now possible to crossplay with PS4 and all other Bedrock platforms, my friend on PS4 got really excited, and wanted to try it out with me I am on Windows 10 Edition. So he did what he was suppost to, created a microsoft account, linked it, added me...
  7. i cant join my friend on minecraft and they cant join me either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant join my friend on minecraft and they cant join me either: i have purchased this game 3 times on 3 seperate occasions. i am trying so hard to play along with my son on his console crossplay and we cant join eachothers worlds, we are already friends....
  8. Can't be joined by friends in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't be joined by friends in games: I am having a rather annoying issue. It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate! For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that,...
  9. Can't join xbox friends games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join xbox friends games.: I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world" What should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-xbox-friends-games/fffe92ef-85b1-4678-b932-00c468c81a54
  10. Cant join friend on minecraft.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant join friend on minecraft.: I have been having trouble joining my friend's world in Minecraft. We are using cross platform. I am using a nintendo switch and they are using windows 10. When I try to join their world, it says "connecting to multiplayer game" but is then followed by a message saying...