Windows 10: STOP Ransomware vaccine released to block encryption

Discus and support STOP Ransomware vaccine released to block encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/stop-ransomware-vaccine-released-to-block-encryption/... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ṣmeed, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Ṣmeed Win User

STOP Ransomware vaccine released to block encryption

> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/stop-ransomware-vaccine-released-to-block-encryption/

:)

Ṣmeed, Dec 7, 2021
  2. simrick Win User

BitDefender Releases Combo Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine

Bitdefender anti-malware researchers have released a new vaccine tool which can protect against known and possible future versions of the CTB-Locker, Locky and TeslaCrypt crypto ransomware families by exploiting flaws in their spreading methods.

“The new tool is an outgrowth of the Cryptowall vaccine program, in a way.” Chief Security Strategist Catalin Cosoi explained. “We had been looking at ways to prevent this ransomware from encrypting files even on computers that were not protected by Bitdefender antivirus and we realized we could extend the idea.”

Read more & download here:

Combination Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine Released | Bitdefender Labs

simrick, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Filed encrypted by Tor ransomware

More information is needed to determine specifically what infection you are dealing with since there are many variants of crypto malware (file encrypting ransomware).
    RSA-4096 / RSA-2048 / RSA-1024 / AES-256 / AES-128 are
    encryption algorithms
    and not an explicit way of identifying a particular ransomware infection.

Are there any obvious file extensions appended to or with your encrypted data files (i.e. several random hexadecimal characters, words or email addresses)? If so, is the extension the same for each encrypted file or is it different?

What is the actual name of your ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the
    C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named
    .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file. Most ransomware will also drop a ransom note in every directory/affected folder where data has been encrypted.

The best way to identify the different ransomwares is the ransom note (including it's name), the malware file itself, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, samples of those encrypted files and information related to the email address used
    by the cyber-criminals.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for
    assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further
    assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.

After gathering that information, please read and follow the instructions below.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Ṣmeed Win User

Got affected by the opqz ransomware and my fathers document got trampled with.

The .opqz extension is one of the newer variants of
    STOP ransomware.

Up to now it's not decryptable without paying the ransom...

Hopefully, Emsisoft will be able to retrieve an Offline Key....

As soon as they are successful, all data which is encrypted with an Offline Key can be recovered with Emsisoft's decryptor.

More info in the FAQ here: About the STOP/Djvu Decrypter

Respective Help forum: https://support.emsisoft.com/forum/83-help-my-files-are-encrypted/

Also read/follow, and ask all further questions here:
    STOP Ransomware (.STOP, .Puma, .Djvu, .Promo, .Drume) Support Topic

>
    https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/26164/how-to-remove-ransomware-the-right-way-a-step-by-step-guide/

>
    https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/29386-first-steps-when-dealing-with-ransomware/

Also suggestion to read (and if necessary do) everything here:

Ṣmeed, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

1. STOP Ransomware vaccine released to block encryption - Similar Threads - STOP Ransomware vaccine

2. Files encrypted by ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files encrypted by ransomware: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  4. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  5. Ransomware infection restore encrypted files

Ransomware infection restore encrypted files: Decryption did not work for me and I used a lot of different tools... My files still have .erif extension. When I ran EMSISOFT Decryptor the results were: Starting... File: "THE NAME OF THE FILE"Error: No key for New Variant online ID: "ONLINE ID" Notice: this ID appears to...
  6. Files encrypted by ransomware

Files encrypted by ransomware: Split from this thread. Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020 hi i have a problem on my computer i got a message that reads like this: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are...
  7. Files encrypted by (.ACFJKSO extension) ransomware

Files encrypted by (.ACFJKSO extension) ransomware: Dear Team, I am facing an issue with my windows 10 PC that some of my documents are renamed with '.ACFJKSO' extension. If I am trying to rename the file nothing is happening. From these symptoms I realized that it is a Torjan- Ransom like CBT- Locker. Does any one have a...
  8. GandCrab Ransomware Attack .EUGHNI encryption

GandCrab Ransomware Attack .EUGHNI encryption: Hi, All files encrypted with .EUGHNI ext. Contacted Microsoft, they said cannot help. Ransom note .txt in every folder. Please help somebody. Anybody......
  9. Petya ransomware encryption system cracked

Petya ransomware encryption system cracked: Petya ransomware victims can now unlock infected computers without paying. An unidentified programmer has produced a tool that exploits shortfalls in the way the malware encrypts a file that allows Windows to start up. In notes put on code-sharing site Github, he said...
  10. BitDefender Releases Combo Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine

BitDefender Releases Combo Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine: Bitdefender anti-malware researchers have released a new vaccine tool which can protect against known and possible future versions of the CTB-Locker, Locky and TeslaCrypt crypto ransomware families by exploiting flaws in their spreading methods. “The new tool is an...