Windows 10: Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!

Discus and support Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem where every time I restart my computer, Chrome opens a new window. Either it'll open my previous tabs, or if I beat it to it, it'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by commiebobo420, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!

I have a problem where every time I restart my computer, Chrome opens a new window. Either it'll open my previous tabs, or if I beat it to it, it'll open a new window. This happens about 1 minute after logging in. I know that Win10 devs, in all their glorious lack of understanding about how the humans use computers, implemented a new bug that re-opens apps after a PC restart..

Now I thought that this bug had been addressed with the update that allowed you to uncheck the box "Use my sign-in information to automatically finish setup and reopen my apps after an update or restart". Indeed, I have this option, but it is grayed out and unchecked:

Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!! 274f54ea-66a4-42dd-8cee-1449226cb81a?upload=true.png

It would seem that I have the setting turned off, but it still opens apps! What do I do? This is driving me nuts because it's doing something I don't want.

:)

commiebobo420, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!! :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!

1. Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!! - Similar Threads - Stop opening apps

2. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  3. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  4. Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?: I don't want this feature. I've never wanted it. I don't kick my power button by mistake. I have a UPS. I'm responsible enough to save what I'm working on in frequent intervals. I do not experience data loss. I'm sick of Windows opening Excel, my email and browser back up....
  5. finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps

in Windows 10 Support
    finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps: I noticed after Windows 10 restart when I'd left my apps open that they re-opened... which I don't want. (side-note: I usually close them first due to weird issues in Windows 7, but I noticed that I'm not having that issue in 10 now) I found the toggle for the setting in...
  6. Re-open Programs After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-open Programs After Restart: Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer. I'm aware of the option that you can select to re-open Windows Explorer windows, and I like that option. Yet I want another option to re-open everything else...
  7. Start apps there were open after restart

Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  8. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  9. Stop Windows Automatically Re-Opening Applications After Booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Automatically Re-Opening Applications After Booting: Recently whenever I boot my computer Windows automatically opens some applications that were open when my computer was last shut down. This is very annoying; I don't want anything (other than applications I've specified to start on start-up) to load when I restart my...
  10. Stop apps from re-opening after shutdown/restart- 1709 Fall Creators

Stop apps from re-opening after shutdown/restart- 1709 Fall Creators: I came across this new behavior a couple days ago and thought I did something screwy to my image. I read Bree's post and found it's an intended feature now on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before That thread has some good suggestions for alternate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-opening all windows after windows start up