Windows 10: STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

Discus and support STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SJ_69, Apr 4, 2019.

1. SJ_69 Win User

STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app suggestion' tiles suddenly appear in my Start Menu really debases Windows 10 and the Start Menu experience. It's actually like I'm using some freeware operating system.

Yes, sync settings is off; no, I do not have app suggestions turned on and yes I am running the latest update - always do. Even so, the new Start Menu layout that suddenly appears looks nothing like that of my other W10 devices, so it's not syncing to anything I own.

This all happens on a latest model Microsoft device. Imagine my Start Menu shows on the big screen when I'm doing a sales presentation and the Candy Crush and Dragon Mania Legends icon shows up?

:)

SJ_69, Apr 4, 2019

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Unable to rearrange and customize Start Menu

Hi Zach,

One of the possible reasons why you are unable to rearrange and customize Start menu is due to software conflicts. We suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 4, 2019
  4. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE. - Similar Threads - STOP rearranging Start

2. MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!: MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP . . . REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-stop-stop-rearranging-my-files/5de1ffbe-b565-4441-919b-02a27ed3f598
  3. MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!: MICROSOFT: STOP . . . STOP . . . REARRANGING MY FILES!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-stop-stop-rearranging-my-files/5de1ffbe-b565-4441-919b-02a27ed3f598
  4. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  5. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  6. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

can't rearrange certain icon in start menu: Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for - documents folder - videos folder - pictures folder - downloads folder I can still rearrange all my other icons, such as - Dropbox folder -...
  8. start menu stopped working on windows. please help

start menu stopped working on windows. please help: I have gone on the microsoft community forum, tried the fixes but it does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stopped-working-on-windows-please-help/d0f9381b-a54c-4c42-8d35-7f8c00ebf5a7
  9. Stop Rearranging My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Rearranging My Desktop: Dear Windows 10, You've been out a while now, and I can't figure out why you rearrange my desktop whenever I plug a different monitor/tv into an HDMI slot. My regular screen is 1080, and so is the TV that I occasionally plug in to watch some shows from the internet. What's...
  10. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu rearranging