Windows 10: Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl

Discus and support Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ---------- Question ---------- Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possible? Windows 10 Pro, v1909 but applicable to all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dw85745, Jul 17, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl

----------
    Question
    ----------
    Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possible?
    Windows 10 Pro, v1909 but applicable to all versions of Windows

----------
    Background
    ----------
    I am using a 3rd party ActiveX (32 bit) which is registered and resides in C:\WIndows\System32. The purpose for this ActiveX is to connect to the 3rd parties remote server. Two way communications must exist between the ActiveX and the server, as the Server needs to periodically confirm I am still connected.

The ActiveX resides in App-1 (my App) to connect to this 3rd party server.
    Once data is received from the 3rd Party Server, App-1 sends this data XProcess to App-2 (my App) for processing. Currently, both App-1 and App-2 reside in the same folder (directory).

I have no knowledge what are the capabilities of the 3rd party ActiveX to snoop around the folder or my system. What I would like to do is move App-2 to another folder to isolate it from App-1 and the ActiveX -- BUT -- still have the need to maintain bidirectional communications between App-1 and App-2.

:)

dw85745, Jul 17, 2020

2. Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working Error

Try This

How To Fix Remote Desktop Connection Stopped Working Error

1. Method 1 – Allow Remote Desktop Via Windows Firewall.
    2. Method 2 – Check Dependency Services.
    3. Methods 3: Disable AutoLogin by Using Registry Editor.
    4. Method 4: Uncheck Printers Option in Remote Desktop Connection.
    5. Method 5: Audio Playback in Settings

HelpingHands 1, Jul 17, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl

Remote Desktop Client App Doesnt play sound on device

Hi Kevin,

Based on the information you provided, we can try performing basic troubleshooting steps on the application.

We suggest that you follow these methods on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Clear app cache and force stop the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Clear Cache.
    • Tap on Force Stop then restart your device.

If issue persist, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Uninstall.
    • Reinstall the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on the third-party store app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl

1. Stop Remote Hacking Using Permissions or Other Method(s) -- if possibl - Similar Threads - Stop Remote Hacking

2. Possibly hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibly hacked: I got an email saying I logged in from the US. This is not correct. I don't have access to my authenticator app as my phone was stolen guess this is related to the login from the US as well I'm located in Budapest, Hungary. Cheers, Tor...
  3. Possible hacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible hacking: Hi, I keep getting texts from microsoft with a verification code, 5 in the last 24hrs. I haven't signed into anything I'd normally get a verification code for and now I've had a phone call that I didn't answer, but when I looked up the number, it seems to be microsoft trying...
  4. Possible hacking???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible hacking???: I have been stalked recently by a man who is an IT professional. He knew way more about me than he could have unless he had hacked my iPhone and/or Windows laptop, which I hotspot to my phone as I live in the country and sloooow mobile is the only internet I can get. Of...
  5. possible hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible hack: I was googling support for my printer as it stopped printing. I thought I was on a Brother website, which I now believe I not. I allowed the chat technician to call me. During the conversation, he asked to use team viewer to look at my problem remotely since we could not...
  6. Remotely hacked not sure how to stop

Remotely hacked not sure how to stop: What is recommended. Any thing downloadable the yes button has been blocked. even for netplwiz I cannot open. Restored computer few times, only seems to be okay until connecting to internet. this is the abnormal stuff I find. wdsutility manager is being used, rpc I cant...
  7. Possible Hack

Possible Hack: The villan who got through my security on my desk top wants $300.00 to fix the problem represented by the above screen shot. First, they locked my computer and gave me an onscreen tx to call to unlock it. After sending them[NTS IT CARE 844-659-9899 some money they unlocked my...
  8. possible hack

possible hack: I have an online email claiming to have my contact list and compromised the anti-virus. I used Norton Power Eraser which found nothing. Should I ignore this problem? How can I be sure there is no Windows Defender compromise?...
  9. possible hack

possible hack: while shutting down my system a notification popped up-stated "someone else is using my computer and if I shut dowm all will be lost" I'm the only one who has access???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-hack/33613b3c-1903-4074-beb5-e2b6ed3c2d02"
  10. Remote hacking

Remote hacking: I believe I am being remotely monitored. My task manager spikes whenever this person uses their computer and I have very odd programs running. I have a dell windows 10 upgraded from 7. Can someone lead me thru steps on how to find it and eliminate it. I also don't believe I...