Windows 10: Stop sign, I can't drop a font file into Windows settings

Discus and support Stop sign, I can't drop a font file into Windows settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two fonts that I want to install in Windows 10. There are six font files in total that I want to install, one file for one font and five files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShadowLad, Feb 1, 2021.

1. ShadowLad Win User

Stop sign, I can't drop a font file into Windows settings

I have two fonts that I want to install in Windows 10. There are six font files in total that I want to install, one file for one font and five files for the other font. So I downloaded the fonts into a directory and then went to Settings -> Personalisation -> Fonts. But when I go to drag and drop the font files from the directory, there is a stop sign icon when the mouse is over the rectangular drop zone within settings. I have the latest updates and patches for Windows 10. What can I do?

:)

ShadowLad, Feb 1, 2021

2. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 1, 2021
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 1, 2021
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop sign, I can't drop a font file into Windows settings - Similar Threads - Stop sign can't

2. I can't sign in to my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my files.: I am signed in my account in settings, here, google, and Bing. My files also shows my Onedrive on the side, however when I click on home it tells me to sign in in the top right corner. When I click on sign in, it tells me to sign in with Windows Hello on an account I don't...
  3. I can't sign in to my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to my files.: I am signed in my account in settings, here, google, and Bing. My files also shows my Onedrive on the side, however when I click on home it tells me to sign in in the top right corner. When I click on sign in, it tells me to sign in with Windows Hello on an account I don't...
  4. I can't delete a font file

I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  5. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  6. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't sign in on my windows settings?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in on my windows settings?: Hello! I'm wondering why I can't sign in on my window setting on my laptop, I already rebooted my laptop, reset the password but it still the same thing. It keep asking for "We'll need your current Windows password one last time" Which I followed but upon entering the...
  8. Can't sign in on my windows settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in on my windows settings?: Hello! I'm wondering why I can't sign in on my window setting on my laptop, I already rebooted my laptop, reset the password but it still the same thing. It keep asking for "We'll need your current Windows password one last time" Which I followed but upon entering the...
  9. Can't sign in on my windows settings?

10. I can't drag and drop files into programs on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't drag and drop files into programs on windows 10: I make music for a living. I use many different daw's for this. Not too long ago I could drag a sound file from a folder, and drop it into one of my programs. Now when I try to do this I am met with a black circle with a slash through it as soon as I drag the file over the...