Windows 10: Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

Discus and support Stop sleep while downloading or long processing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Jun 11, 2018.

1. meridius Win User

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to sleep > Change '30 minutes' to 'Never' and then change it back once the process has been completed. This seems like an archaic process. Is there another way to do this?

:)

meridius, Jun 11, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 12, 2018
  3. stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

1. Stop sleep while downloading or long processing - Similar Threads - Stop sleep while

2. NsLookup process prevents sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NsLookup process prevents sleep: To put it short: After the newest Windows 10 Update for some reason my Laptop cannot go to sleep.Tried using the Power options, did not work out but when I check using powercfg command, I found...
  3. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  4. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  5. How long is the locking process?

How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  6. How long is the locking process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  7. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. LONG delay while booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LONG delay while booting: I don't THINK this is a Windows 10 thing, so... ASUS X99 Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700 XT graphics... For the last couple months, when I boot the system is posts (presume post is that time when the system wants you to press DEL to go into the BIOS). Then it...
  9. Not downloading while sleeps.

Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  10. Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.

Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.: This is the second time my laptop went to sleep while downloading a 370GB file. It went to sleep at 319GB. I am really feeling to throw my laptop out of the window. Why do we need to manually change the sleep settings everytime in a situation like this. Why can't windows...