Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

Discus and support Stop sleep while downloading or long processing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Jun 11, 2018.

1. meridius Win User

If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to sleep > Change '30 minutes' to 'Never' and then change it back once the process has been completed. This seems like an archaic process. Is there another way to do this?

:)

meridius, Jun 11, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 12, 2018
  3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop sleep while downloading or long processing - Similar Threads - Stop sleep while

2. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  3. Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?: Hi folks. Occasionally I experience BSOD, and in a previous question from me (for various reasons did not get a response in the thread) my problem is the event will not be written as a dump file. My computer has 64 GB or internal RAM, which I have set the minimum page wrap...
  4. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...
  5. i have a blue stop issuse

i have a blue stop issuse: i had a stop code call DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION what happen to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-have-a-blue-stop-issuse/7ee5c463-4543-4668-991d-fd11ec77562d
  6. Problem with downloading and usinf office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downloading and usinf office 365: Hi I have Windows S and am having a problem with regard to Office 365. When I have downloaded it from the Microsoft store I get the following error 0x80070002 and am unable to open the corresponding apps. I have tried to resolve this by running various trouble-shooters and...
  7. Windows 10 startup error - stop code 0xc000021a

Windows 10 startup error - stop code 0xc000021a: I recently received this error message and could not find a suitable solution from these boards. After further investigation (Windows 10 Enterprise), I decided to try option 7 on the Advanced Options. Option 7 is "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" The machine now...
  8. Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop (64 bit OS) using Windows 10 Home. I was recently forced to first attempt to repair and then finally restore Windows 10 using a downloaded ISO file. The restore was successfully completed, and most of my files were retained;...
  9. Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 is blocking iCloud Photos causing excessive download...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 is blocking iCloud Photos causing excessive download...: I enabled Controlled Folder Access (Defender ransomware protection) in Windows 10 1 day ago. I saw some notification warnings saying various programs were blocked, iCloudPhotos being one them. iCloud tray icon also reported problems writing to its default location and that...
  10. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth: I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again,...