Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

Discus and support Stop sleep while downloading or long processing in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:32 AM.

1. meridius Win User

If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to sleep > Change '30 minutes' to 'Never' and then change it back once the process has been completed. This seems like an archaic process. Is there another way to do this?

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:09 PM
Thema:

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing - Similar Threads - Stop sleep while

1. How to stop nuisance requirement to sign in after sleep - sole user.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop nuisance requirement to sign in after sleep - sole user.: I don't have to sign in when starting the computer. No problem there. But after having a clean re-install of Windows 10 (Anniversary Upgrade), (after having an SSD installed) I now have a picture of a tree trunk. To get rid of that I press the Space Bar. Then I get a...
  2. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...
  3. USB mice stop working after several sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    USB mice stop working after several sleeps: I usually put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down. After a couple of days my mouse will stop working. I tried other mice with cable and wireless, but none works. I have to restart to fix it. In DeviceMonitoringStudio I can see the USB mice connected and sending...
  4. Computer won't sleep; "Driver WSDScan stopped the power transition"

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't sleep; "Driver WSDScan stopped the power transition": Lately, whenever I sleep my desktop PC, it wakes up again almost immediately. I checked the Event Viewer and found this every time right after the computer tries to go to sleep: "The driver \Driver\WSDScan for device...
  5. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer. Each...
  6. How to Stop sleep/lock mode every 5 mins!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Stop sleep/lock mode every 5 mins!: have tried everything under the sun to get my computer to stop going to sleep mode where i have to enter my password after 5 minutes to no avail. Please anyone who could help with this? 60430
  7. Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working: Win 10 Upgrade done a year ago. Everything worked fine. No hardware or software changes in last six months, other than auto Win 10 updates. System always went to sleep automatically per Power Option settings. Then three days ago, Auto sleep of system no longer works...
Stop sleep while downloading or long processing solved