Windows 10: Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

Discus and support Stop sleep while downloading or long processing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Jun 11, 2018.

1. meridius Win User

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

If I have a big download or process to run I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Put the Computer to sleep > Change '30 minutes' to 'Never' and then change it back once the process has been completed. This seems like an archaic process. Is there another way to do this?

:)

meridius, Jun 11, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 12, 2018
  3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Stop sleep while downloading or long processing

1. Stop sleep while downloading or long processing - Similar Threads - Stop sleep while

2. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep: Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does...
  3. Linux subsystem takes a long while to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux subsystem takes a long while to update: Hi folks not sure if it was because of the GUI things I installed on previous version of Windows but starting the UBUNTU subsystem I get "automatic update of Linux subsystem " and it's been taking longer than my Windows 10 update to 1803. SO I'd re-commend -- uninstall the...
  4. Stop Wallpaper Downloads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Wallpaper Downloads: How can I stop the constant new wallpapers shown on the Login Screen. I have enough already. Also, I suspect this is causing my pc to go into power saver mode even when the battery is not low and I am in the middle of something. Thanks, 60368
  5. bitdefender taking too long to Download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender taking too long to Download.: so i bought Bitdefender antivirus Plus, and when i selected my product name i clicked "install" button. "Downloading package" is taking to long to download and after a moment it will fail to download. so i have to do it again and again. *still haven't install bitdefender....
  6. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...
  7. Crash while sleeping

Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...
  8. Tablet BSOD while sleeping

Tablet BSOD while sleeping: I have BSOD issues of a tablet of mine (Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140). Newest Bios is installed, also all (new) available drivers. I have two last dump files, which are though 550MB each, so I cant upload them here. I followed the tutorial of getting information from WinDbg, which...
  9. which processes prevent sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    which processes prevent sleep?: my computer will go to sleep after 30 minutes, as scheduled, but only if I have not signed in to my user account. once I sign in, it will not automatically sleep, and the monitor will not dim. what processes are likely to be interfering with sleep? I can put it into sleep...
  10. Sleep while getting windows ready ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sleep while getting windows ready ?: My laptop just finished updated something and its begin to restart, when restart begin as usual there's message "getting windows ready dont turn off your computer", but accidentally i close my laptop lid that cause my laptop goes to sleep mode and screen off then when i open...