Windows 10: Stop software using libraries

Discus and support Stop software using libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hate libraries. They are only useful for simplistic desktops. I know how to redirect, display or not display in Explorer and so on, but the big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brianxSN, Jul 24, 2021.

1. brianxSN Win User

Stop software using libraries

I hate libraries. They are only useful for simplistic desktops. I know how to redirect, display or not display in Explorer and so on, but the big issue, is that third party software keeps wanting to save in a library.Settings has an option to set the default save location but this ONLY points to a drive and not a specific folder. Presumably is expects to find a library type folder ie Pictures, but even when I do that I end up with saved images scattered everywhere.Saving to OneDrive isn't an option either as it would cost me a fortune and bring down Microsoft's cloud servers! :-Is there a reg

:)

brianxSN, Jul 24, 2021
  2. pattcz Win User

Software library manager

Looking for software managing my installers for software i own for Windows 10. Some sort of library where i define path to the installer , create info to that like serial number etc....

Thank you for suggestions.

pattcz, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Stop software using libraries

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Stop software using libraries

1. Stop software using libraries - Similar Threads - Stop software using

2. should I use libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I use libraries: hello,I save all my files in one folder. Should I start using libraries and put different files in the right library?Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-libraries/fe794f32-7058-4ce8-895d-3a46c50937e6
  3. should I use libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should I use libraries: hello,I save all my files in one folder. Should I start using libraries and put different files in the right library?Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-libraries/fe794f32-7058-4ce8-895d-3a46c50937e6
  4. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  5. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  6. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

7. Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...: As the title says, the recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever Mobile Hotspot via Wifi is turned on.Prior to the update I had always been able to use my desktop pc and use the Ethernet and software that uses it Browser and...
  8. Software library manager

Software library manager: Looking for software managing my installers for software i own for Windows 10. Some sort of library where i define path to the installer , create info to that like serial number etc.... Thank you for suggestions. 155840
  9. Using libraries as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Using libraries as default: Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default settings. Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd....
  10. Vulkan Runtime Libraries software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vulkan Runtime Libraries software: Is it okay to remove older versions of the Vulkan Runtime Libraries? I have versions 1.0.33.0 and 1.0.65.1 installed on my computer - is it alright to remove the older version from 11/2017?...