Windows 10: Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync

Discus and support Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Sometimes I've found a bit irritating when Windows re-sets some language options -- seemingly by itself. You need to disable Sync across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Sep 15, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync

Hi folks
    Sometimes I've found a bit irritating when Windows re-sets some language options -- seemingly by itself.

You need to disable Sync across devices - can be done globally or individually -- otherwise depending on other computers / phones / how an Ms account / one drive set up things like themes and language preferences can be spread accross devices -- fine for some - but if you are testing machines for different charcteristics and have a few machines in various states of testing then this can be a real pain.

Here's the google link of what to do if you want to switch sync off. I'm sure there's something in the tutorials too so just a reminder here if you need a quick solution.

How to Disable and Remove Windows 10 Account Sync Settings

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync

Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings

Hello Warren,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it feels frustrating when the features don’t work the way they are supposed to. As you have logged in with the same Microsoft account on both the computers the language preferences settings has been synced.

You can go ahead and follow the steps mentioned below to un-sync the language preferences.

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings.
    2. Under individual sync settings uncheck the option
      Language preferences.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync

1. Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync - Similar Threads - Stop language options

2. How do i remove some of these language options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove some of these language options: I need to remove some of them, there is too much in here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-some-of-these-language-options/190eaa9d-5a5a-4d4d-a94f-320eb4937ac9
  3. How do i remove some of these language options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove some of these language options: I need to remove some of them, there is too much in here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-some-of-these-language-options/190eaa9d-5a5a-4d4d-a94f-320eb4937ac9
  4. How do i remove some of these language options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

No "set as default" option in Display Languages: [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display...
  6. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  7. How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.: Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates. Recently we enabled UAC to increase security. But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when...
  8. Is settings sync disabled or not? (More info in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is settings sync disabled or not? (More info in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sentientredstripe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcp543/is_settings_sync_disabled_or_not_more_info_in/
  9. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  10. Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing: I am unable to download from Language Options (a mere 33MB of Handwriting). It keeps stopping/failing without any error code. My connection is NOT set to Metered. Any ideas? 121098

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable language sync settings