Windows 10: Stop sounds changing

Discus and support Stop sounds changing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC and and my wife a laptop on a home network, but not synced. We have different sounds for incoming mail, but periodically the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john3650, Apr 6, 2021.

1. john3650 Win User

Stop sounds changing

I have a PC and and my wife a laptop on a home network, but not synced. We have different sounds for incoming mail, but periodically the sound designated to one will transfer to the other.
    How can I stop this happening. It is not a big job to reinstate them, but very irritating. We both use Thunderbird for emails.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

john3650, Apr 6, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Stop sounds changing :p

cadaveca, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Stop sounds changing

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Stop sounds changing 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Stop sounds changing

1. Stop sounds changing - Similar Threads - Stop sounds changing

2. Sound volume self changes, how to stop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound volume self changes, how to stop.: When I am in a Zoom meeting or on the internet watching a video the sound keeps going up and down whenever I move the arrow. it is random and I have tried troubleshooting it with every available windows 11 tool on my laptop. How to make it stop. It is very frustrating to have...
  3. Sound volume self changes, how to stop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound volume self changes, how to stop.: When I am in a Zoom meeting or on the internet watching a video the sound keeps going up and down whenever I move the arrow. it is random and I have tried troubleshooting it with every available windows 11 tool on my laptop. How to make it stop. It is very frustrating to have...
  4. Stop Sound Mixer from changing volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Sound Mixer from changing volume: So I was struggling with the sound mixer for a long time now and I'm now going mad. It keeps changing the volume of each and every app on my PC and I can't find any solution on how to stop that! I would like to set all my apps to 100% and leave it at that state but I can't...
  5. Stop Sound Mixer from changing volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Sound Mixer from changing volume: So I was struggling with the sound mixer for a long time now and I'm now going mad. It keeps changing the volume of each and every app on my PC and I can't find any solution on how to stop that! I would like to set all my apps to 100% and leave it at that state but I can't...
  6. STOP CHANGING THE SOUND SETTINGS!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP CHANGING THE SOUND SETTINGS!!!!: Microsoft stop changing the sound settings with your security patches!!!!!!!!! You are creating an absolute nightmare for people in the broadcast and AV business. For the last 2 - 3 months almost every time Windows performs security updates the sample rate, bit rate, and...
  7. Sounds changing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sounds changing: I have a PC and and my wife a laptop on a home network, but not synced. We have different sounds for incoming mail, but periodically the sound designated to one will transfer to the other. How can I stop this happening. It is not a big job to reinstate them, but very...
  8. Sound output doesn't stop changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound output doesn't stop changing: I was playing music in the background in my pc when it suddenly stopped. When i went to check the volume by clicking the volume icon on the bottom right and it shows that the sound output is constantly changing between all available outputs. I tried cutting the power and...
  9. Changing sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing sounds: I have a W10 Pc, on a network with my wife's W10 laptop. She has the default 'chimes' for her email notification, and I changed mine to rings so that they are different. Periodically, mine will revert to the default chimes, and occasionally they swap round so we have each...
  10. Sound changed!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound changed!?: So I was trying to fix my undected microphone so I clicked troubleshoot. My system told me they found the problem and they "fixed" it. But now the sound coming out of my system sounds wayy different. I need it to be changed to the original sound, how do I do that? submitted...