Windows 10: Stop synching files

Discus and support Stop synching files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive is synching files that I do not want synched. I cannot stop the process. When I choose to eliminate a folder (e.g., "Desktop") from synching,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertCoccaro, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Stop synching files

OneDrive is synching files that I do not want synched. I cannot stop the process. When I choose to eliminate a folder (e.g., "Desktop") from synching, I get an an error message says that the synching can't be stopped because the files are not done synching. The only thing that stops the synching is OneDrive filling up and it says I have no space. I delete the unwanted files from OneDrive, making space. Then when I start the computer it starts synching the files again. What do I have to do to stop this unwanted synching?

:)

RobertCoccaro, Mar 22, 2019

2. windows calendar is not synching

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Calendar is not synching in Windows. We will help you.

• Is the Calendar not synching in Windows Phone or PC?
    If the Calendar is not synching in PC I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Refer:
    Windows 10 Apps troubleshooter

Step 2: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to
    remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Refer:

Calendar app

Keep us posted if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

Hi There,
    I have 17 large outlook 2016 files ranging from 1GB to 10 GB. I initially put them into my OneDrive folder and identified them for synching. Bad mistake because it takes days to upload files of this size and every time that I start Outlook, the Synch for all files restart from zero because the files all open when Outlook starts.
    So, I thought I would remove them from the Synch and got the attached error.

Stop synching files [​IMG]

Basically it seems to being saying that I can't remove them from the Synch until they have fully uploaded which isn't possible as it would take a week for that to happen.
    Help please?
    Thanks
    Paul

stevenson53, Mar 22, 2019
  4. yellowdog Win User

Stop synching files

Edge not synching favorites

Edge was synching favorites nicely till recently - probably until the Fall Creators Update. Now it's stopped synching. I have 2 computers with the same windows login account and both set to synch in both windows and edge.

I've tried an alternative dns server (8.8.8.8) which helped some people with the problem a year ago but it didn't fix it.

Anyone else have this problem?

yellowdog, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Stop synching files

1. Stop synching files - Similar Threads - Stop synching files

2. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  3. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  4. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  6. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  7. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  9. synch files

synch files: How do I move files that are stored on my PC onto my laptop? I save these documents "On this Computer" but also want to access a few when on my laptop? Please respond in very basic language...
  10. STOP COMPUTERS FROM SYNCHING

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP COMPUTERS FROM SYNCHING: I have a PC at home which I use for all my personal work, and a PC at the office which is, of course, for work-related stuff. However, these two machines have started synching, and it's driving me crazy! If I make any changes to the desktop on my office machine, those...