Windows 10: Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync

Discus and support Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new computer, which by default, decided to synch all of my folders 500GB to OneDrive. Quickly OneDrive ran out of space 5GB. So I followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterd-ct, May 22, 2021.

1. peterd-ct Win User

Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync

I have a new computer, which by default, decided to synch all of my folders 500GB to OneDrive. Quickly OneDrive ran out of space 5GB. So I followed the instructions to decide which folders to synch, and the App told me that no, I cannot do this until ALL the folders had finished uploading. So... I cannot chose

:)

peterd-ct, May 22, 2021
  2. taward Win User

OneDrive Selective Sync Error

When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message:

Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync [​IMG]

I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 22, 2021
  3. Caledon Ken, May 22, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync - Similar Threads - Stop syncing OneDrive

2. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  3. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  4. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  5. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  6. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  7. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...
  8. OneDrive Selective Sync Error

OneDrive Selective Sync Error: When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too. Any thoughts? 10831
  9. Onedrive sync selection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive sync selection issue: So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not...
  10. Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10: How to: Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you...