Windows 10: stop tech preview updating

Discus and support stop tech preview updating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chinga69, Nov 26, 2014.

1. chinga69 Win User

stop tech preview updating

hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release
    9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860
    9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened
    i go back to 9860 and then in the morning 9879 has installed itself again
    thanks brad

:)

chinga69, Nov 26, 2014

2. Could install Last tech review after 29 July, even came before or after 29 July?

Running W10Pro on VM...

If want run win 10 pro in VM virtual machine free ,...

I must install preview tech now free.... or can install after 29 July Till September the W10pro tech preview?

Or preview tech should stop after 29 July?

Anyway and MOST IMPORTANT, Could install Last tech review after 29 July, even came before or after 29 July?

Lse123polis, Nov 26, 2014
  3. Win10 on Nokia Lumia 730

Is there any official win10 (i'm not talking about win10 tech preview) for lumia 730? If there is,then when i will get this?

And can I download the official Win10 from win10 tech preview by updating the tech preview?

arindam_13, Nov 26, 2014
  4. stop tech preview updating

paulsalter, Nov 26, 2014
  5. I would suggest that the fact that the OS isn't being updated actually counts as feedback. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2014
  6. chinga69 Win User
    thanks for the info will see if that helps i don't think the preview builds are handled as updates as such
    in pc settings its a different tab
    thanks for the help brad

chinga69, Nov 26, 2014
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Why run Windows 10 TP if you are not going to continue to allow updates and continue testing?

If you want stability then Windows 7 or 8.1 would be a better choice I'd think.

And no, I don't mean to be snarky with this post, just trying to understand why you would run Win 10 TP other than to test and provide feedback.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2014
  8. chinga69 Win User

because as i said 9860 lets me run mediaportal 9879 does not and when the next update comes out i will more than likely be able to run mediaportal on it again and i will continue to test it as you put it. i have tested 9879 and its no good to me as is, so rather than going back to win8.1 i want to keep using 9860.
    i hope this answers your questions
    thanks brad

chinga69, Nov 27, 2014
  9. Winuser Win User
    That's where a dual boot or VM comes in handy. If possible you could give that a try. I dual boot Windows 8.1.1 and Windows 10. When I need to do something that doesn't work in 10 I boot into 8.1.1.

Winuser, Nov 27, 2014
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks Brad. Makes sense to me now.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2014
  11. chinga69 Win User
    yes that is why i am booting
    xp/vista/win7/win8and now win 10 and if i can stop 9860 updating i will use that and install 9879 as well and keep trying it until it is stable enough for mportal
    which is what i have done ever since testing vista through to win10.
    thanks brad

chinga69, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. stop tech preview updating - Similar Threads - stop tech preview

2. Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview: Hello all, I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64 and I continue to receive this notification upon startup: [img] Showing more details: [img] Any ideas on how to remove? It's quite annoying. Choosing "Hide Update" doesn't work. Thanks! 2209
  3. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  4. MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSAHCI in the new tech preview?: I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean install of Win 7, [img] It automatically used msahci during install. This was a clean install of the Tech preview,...
  5. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  6. Installing 10 tech preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  7. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  8. Modern UI 2.0, Tech Preview to be updated frequently

in Windows 10 News
    Modern UI 2.0, Tech Preview to be updated frequently: Windows 9 news recap: Modern UI 2.0, Tech Preview to be updated frequently, and more It's been a busy week here at WinBeta with lots and lots of Windows Threshold news breaking ground. We learned about an updated Modern UI, a new rapid release cycle for the preview, when the...
  9. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]
  10. New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March

in Windows 10 News
    New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March: Couldn't find this posted anywhere, so here is: Windows Technical Preview March Update (KB3050284) is available 4924