Windows 10: Stop the Cortana Pop Up

Discus and support Stop the Cortana Pop Up in Cortana to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KiloBravoWhiskey, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???

:)

KiloBravoWhiskey, Nov 15, 2020
  2. TFreed Win User

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

NO MATTER WHAT I TRY, I CAN'T STOP THE CORTANA POP UP. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MICROSOFT PREVENTS CORTANA POP UP FROM BEING TURNED OFF. ANY SUGGESTIONS ? I NO LONGER RECCOMMEND WIN10 DUE TO THE CONSTANT POP UP. HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO TURN THEIRS OFF ?

TFreed, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Stop the Cortana Pop Up

1. Stop the Cortana Pop Up - Similar Threads - Stop Cortana Pop

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups

in Cortana
    How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups: Can someone help me stop Cortana from constantly popping up while i use my laptop? It's getting to the point that I want to throw the laptop out the window in frustration. These interruptions are random and make getting my tasks done nearly impossible. I now DREAD using my...
  7. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  8. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  9. Stop Cortana From Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Cortana From Popping Up: Cortana continually pops up when I'm using the track pad on my Lenovo Ideapad. I usually use one finger to move the cursor and a second finger to click the left button. When I click Cortana pops up and the click does not execute. Then I have to click away to get Cortana to go...
  10. Stop Cortana from popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Cortana from popping up: Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing is to use one finger to move the mouse on the touchpad and one finger resting on the left click button. I've gone into my...