Windows 10: Stop themes changing the colors

Discus and support Stop themes changing the colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time you change themes the Colors setting reverts to white. Is there any way to force black when the theme changes? It's a tedious little step to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vijer, Dec 21, 2020.

1. vijer Win User

Stop themes changing the colors

Every time you change themes the Colors setting reverts to white. Is there any way to force black when the theme changes? It's a tedious little step to switch it back to my preference.

:)

vijer, Dec 21, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Personalize colors and themes on Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on the pictures being dark on Windows 10, you can try to play around with the colors and themes that will suit you.

Here are the steps to customize your color and theme:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Make sure that the Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned off.
    • Select the color that you like from the grid of colors.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Changing color theme of non-modern themed Windows

Hi,

Windows 10 has themes to change the whole interface color as well as the applications color and these are called High Contrast Themes. We suggest that you check this

article
    to enable a specific high contrast theme on your computer. You may also personalize the high contrast theme by selecting a specific color on the options available.

Please get back to us and let us know how it goes.

Xylee Del, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop themes changing the colors - Similar Threads - Stop themes changing

2. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  3. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  4. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not change colors of taskbar when changing in themes.

Can not change colors of taskbar when changing in themes.: Is there going to be a fix for the taskbar color change problem in themes? In the community forum there are comments on this with various fixes, which I have tried and none of them work. I work on my laptop 8 hours a day several days a week and I prefer the darker colors as...
  6. theme colors

theme colors: On the theme colors if I wanted to highlight something yellow, I would go to them colors down arrow drop down and choose yellow, well is gone, how do I restore yellow color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-colors/5c8558b9-5fde-4774-8f6b-3d9a833751e6
  7. Color changing theme

Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...
  8. CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors

CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors: When you click on the arrow beside the "fill color" or "font color" icons you see a drop down that has Theme Colors and also Standard colors. The Standard colors has a limit of only 10 colors that are selected when you first start using Excel. These are colors you predict...
  9. Change explorer theme without changing default color

Change explorer theme without changing default color: I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other apps just not in explorer. Any registry keys I can edit?...
  10. Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?: This is a problem I've seen solved in Vista a lot, but isn't something I can find a help thread for at all with Windows 10. :/ I am unable to change the theme color from an icky blue. I can change the desktop, I can enable and disable the color on the Start, taskbar, etc., I...