Windows 10: Stop trying to put predictive text in everything

Discus and support Stop trying to put predictive text in everything in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Predictive text is incredibly annoying. I've managed to turn it off in Office, Edge, and the Windows OS, but it's like playing whack a mole. It's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dawnroselyn, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Stop trying to put predictive text in everything

Predictive text is incredibly annoying. I've managed to turn it off in Office, Edge, and the Windows OS, but it's like playing whack a mole. It's the reason I stopped using Edge and went back to Chrome. It keeps popping back up by default. For example, I find Bing AI to be very useful and accurate, but trying to use it is like fingernails on a chalkboard because predictive text cannot be turned off there.Please stop forcing it down our throats every time we turn around. You've got some great products and programs going on. Don't screw it up!

:)

dawnroselyn, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Lcoldwell Win User

Predictive text stopped working

Predictive text has stopped working on my phone since it asked me to do a Microsoft update. I have tried all suggestions for resetting, but there is nothing in settings to turn predictive text on or off or to change anything other than language

Lcoldwell, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Predictive texting

Hi Tina,

In most cases, this issue with predictive text could have happened due to the application you are using. To resolve this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• In what application are you using predictive text?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do steps 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exists.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Stop trying to put predictive text in everything

Fafhrd, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Stop trying to put predictive text in everything

1. Stop trying to put predictive text in everything - Similar Threads - Stop trying put

2. Stop trying to put predictive text in everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop trying to put predictive text in everything: Predictive text is incredibly annoying. I've managed to turn it off in Office, Edge, and the Windows OS, but it's like playing whack a mole. It's the reason I stopped using Edge and went back to Chrome. It keeps popping back up by default. For example, I find Bing AI to be...
  3. Predictive text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Predictive text windows 10: The predictive text on my windows 7 tablet works fine with all programs, on my windows 10 tablet it doesn't work with one program, I've contacted their support and they claim it isn't their code that's the problem, they claim it has something to do with windows 10. I would...
  4. Text Predictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Predictions: Hi there Since Windows 10 v1803 we have had the option to "Show text suggestions as I type" and "Autocorrect words as I type" for hardware keyboard. I have enabled these options however when testing it works fine in Notepad, Wordpad and stick Notes however it does not work...
  5. Text prediction

Text prediction: I have turned all typing prediction options on in settings, but i am still unable to see any prediction options when working in Office 365 WordOnline in Edge... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-prediction/a6c39623-a01b-431b-8ecc-5c6dcaa0e1a8
  6. Add words to text prediction.

Add words to text prediction.: You can apparently add words to the personal dictionary for Android devices .... the procedure for doing it is published. My Q is... why is it not possible for users like myself, who sometimes type with a mouth op mouse on the OSK on my laptop, able to do it? We need to be...
  7. Predictive Text in Windows 10

Predictive Text in Windows 10: I know you have already addressed this issue however, it is still a problem. It has just recently started for me and I have done EVERYTHING you suggested and then some!!! Nothing has gotten rid of the annoying little box of words! I don't know how or why it appeared or why...
  8. Predictive Text

Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  9. predictive text like ios

in Windows 10 Support
    predictive text like ios: hi all, after only using iphones and ipads for the past 6 years, i have recently purchased a new laptop. its an acer and has windows 10. im trying to find a setting that will predict my text like the iphone does. (for eample when im using facebook,email or anything text...
  10. Predictive Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Predictive Text: Hello All, is there any way I can get predictive text on my desktop computer ? 77978