Windows 10: Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

Discus and support Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm getting unsolicited emails from Microsoft about Windows 10. I see no option in the email or in my MS account to unsubscribe. There are no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gogreen, Apr 24, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

I'm getting unsolicited emails from Microsoft about Windows 10. I see no option in the email or in my MS account to unsubscribe. There are no subscriptions in my Communications Centre to unsubscribe to, either. How do I get Microsoft to stop sending me these kinds of messages? A snippet of one is attached. Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Apr 24, 2016

2. Problems created by Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I'm not using Outlook. I'm using my Tim Warner email account but open that account in Windows Live Mail. WLM Allows me to restrict unsolicited messages from being allowed to access my email and I can stop them from even being downloaded.

rbs

rbs-jos2500, Apr 24, 2016
  3. David Haz Win User
    Microsoft experts Impersonators

Hi Penny,

We do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer.

If you receive an unsolicited email message or phone call that purports to be from Microsoft and requests that you send personal information or click links, delete the message or hang up the phone.

For more information, you may read
    Avoid technical support scams

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 24, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Go to Outlook.com and click on your account name in the top right. Then Account Settings > Security & Privacy > Account Marketing Preferences. Untick 'Send me promotional offers from Microsoft. You can unsubscribe at any time'.

ARC1020, Apr 24, 2016
  5. gogreen Win User
    Thanks. It was unchecked when I arrived on that page.

gogreen, Apr 24, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    And the other one? Account Settings > Security & Privacy > More Marketing Preferences > Manage Communications > My Contact Preferences / My Newsletter Subscriptions

I've never had a situation where Microsoft doesn't respect the Marketing Preferences, so if they're all unchecked, are they actually legitimate emails coming from Microsoft and not a phishing attempt?

ARC1020, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    These are not "Marketing" materials in the traditional sense, so they are not considered "unsolicited". You signed up for a service and/or product and these emails are intended to help you transition to that product. That's why there is no "unsubscribe" because this is not a mailing list that will continue past the initial "Here's how to use this product" emails.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Stop unsolicited emails

2. Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...: Hi, I got today, 01/04/2023 a call from supposed Microsoft services related to hacking of my computer. They were telling that numerous errors were seen at your back office coming from my computer and you were about to block my computer.For information they had my Microsoft...
  3. emails from microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    emails from microsoft: I keep getting these emails from Microsoft account team about a closed account.. I did have this account and closed it.. Microsoft was supposed to close it on 1/5, which I assume they did.. Now I get this email hundreds or times every day.. How do i stop it.. This is the...
  4. After an update from Microsoft my emails stop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After an update from Microsoft my emails stop.: I can see my email in my Apple Phone; but I am not getting my emails in my computer for the last 2 days. I have windows 10; Microsoft did an update 2 days ago, and after that my emails stop working. Help...
  5. Unsolicited update??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsolicited update??: Not sure where to put this post - I'll start here. This morning while online suddenly my desktop came up with the following: "restart required" -- I don't know where to look to find what was updated which would require a restart. I checked windows update - nothing this...
  6. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  7. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  8. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  9. Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk: The call came from the number 0016616639923. When I stated that my machine wasn't sending such messages the caller hung up....
  10. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited phone calls from MS: How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid? 18407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unsolicited phone emails from microsoft