Windows 10: Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.

Discus and support Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my regional setting to English Israel, this automatically installs the Hebrew standard keyboard code: HE3 to the language bar; problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EphraimFA, Oct 15, 2020.

1. EphraimFA Win User

Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.

I set my regional setting to English Israel, this automatically installs the Hebrew standard keyboard code: HE3 to the language bar; problem is that another program I use automatically installs the other Hebrew keyboard code: HE to the language bar. That's very annoying because I often switch between input languages English and Hebrew using keyboard shortcuts. Is there any way to stop one of the two from adding a keyboard? I tried removing the HE3 keyboard in language options but it gets added back to the language bar at startup.

:)

EphraimFA, Oct 15, 2020

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar. [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Oct 15, 2020
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Oct 15, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

Hello, try left clicking the language bar icon, click Language Preferences, click Additional date, time....,

You should see sthg like

(you won't see those colours!) but hopefully you can then delete unwanted items, clicking Options (to the right of those) as necessary.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar. - Similar Threads - Stop Unwanted Languages

2. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  3. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  4. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  5. Unwanted Input language in language bar

Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  6. Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar: I usually have three keyboards set up: English Ireland with an Irish layout, Polish with the 214 layout, and Japanese. However, Windows keeps randomly adding UK English with the Irish layout and US English to the language bar. When I look in Settings, the two new languages do...
  7. Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar

Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar: I usually have three keyboards set up: English Ireland with an Irish layout, Polish with the 214 layout, and Japanese. However, Windows keeps randomly adding UK English with the Irish layout and US English to the language bar. When I look in Settings, the two new languages do...
  8. Unwanted language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted language: Hi, i have a problem in my windows, an unwanted languagechinese treditioanl tiwan added to my languages and i cant see it on windows settings to delete it. i tryed deleting the language from registry editor but not worked! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options

Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options: Hello community. Not sure when did this start happening but my language bar has unwanted "Other Language" options. [ATTACH] They are also in the Advanced Key Settings: [ATTACH] But they do not show up in "Preferred Languages" or anywhere else: [ATTACH] So I can't...
  10. Language bar not appearing

Language bar not appearing: The language bar on my laptop is not showing.im currently using an external monitor for my laprop as its screen is broken. The only thubg is the language bar doesnt appear even after ive turned on imput indicafor. Ive tried many methods from registry edit to scanninv the...