Windows 10: Stop Updates?

Discus and support Stop Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Quick Question, is there a quick way to stop WIN 10 from doing "Auto Updates" ? Looked around and there is no option in settings or in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by harleymhs, May 4, 2021.

1. harleymhs Win User

Stop Updates?

Hey Guys, Quick Question, is there a quick way to stop WIN 10 from doing "Auto Updates" ? Looked around and there is no option in settings or in control panel. TIA

:)

harleymhs, May 4, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stop Updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Stop Updates?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop Updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Stop Updates?

1. Stop Updates? - Similar Threads - Stop Updates

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  5. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  6. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  7. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  8. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  10. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...