Windows 10: Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

Discus and support Stop updating computers when they are first booting! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft. For Christ sake THINK! I'm booting my laptop because i have important time critical work to do. And you TAKE MY COMPUTER HOSTAGE TO INSTALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Denney, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

Microsoft. For Christ sake THINK! I'm booting my laptop because i have important time critical work to do. And you TAKE MY COMPUTER HOSTAGE TO INSTALL UPDATES! Get a hint. Your UPDATE POLICY SUCKS. And in the range of SUCKING, installing updates at boot time is THE SUCKIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least if you wait til the user turns it off they can leave it running. YOU ARE DENYING USE OF MY COMPUTER for heaven's sake.

:)

Richard Denney, Apr 14, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer did not boot after automatic update

Hi Henry,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

1. Stop updating computers when they are first booting! - Similar Threads - Stop updating computers

2. Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots: Whenever I boot two of my three computers, a program I use called Evernote and Skype both boot. I just X them out. I looked in AutoRun to see if they were listed. Any idea what to do?...
  3. Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Programs That Boot When Computer Boots: Whenever I boot two of my three computers, a program I use called Evernote and Skype both boot. I just X them out. I looked in AutoRun to see if they were listed. Any idea what to do?...
  4. Windows Update Stops my Computer from Booting!!

Windows Update Stops my Computer from Booting!!: in September a windows update was released, when I installed it my pc restarted as usual but wouldn't get past the full black screen with the loading circlethe one without a windows logo. So I delayed the update until today my pc decided that I cant delay anymore and need to...
  5. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  6. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  7. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update: Hello, Since the last windows update was installed, when I try to boot my laptop it comes up with the brand screen on the first attempt, then wont go any further. I then hold the power button to shut down, then wait 30 seconds and try again and it boots normally. Any...
  9. Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...: When I start my computer it doesn't play almost any sounds. If I change the volume it does ding but when I try to use any other type of sound I don't hear anything and I have to reboot my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude E6530 with Mixcder Devil headphones....
  10. Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...: Greetings everyone, I'm having this issue that's giving me headaches. I'm starting my computer, it gets to the first windows logo and then my screen gets black, and my Logitech wireless keyboard says it got no connection... The thing is I've been around the web to find...