Windows 10: Stop using my GPU

Discus and support Stop using my GPU in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The programs SearchApp.exe and Textinputhost.exe are using my GPU. Q1. How can I prevent programs that I don't want from using my GPU?Q2. Why are these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EpicFail2016, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Stop using my GPU

The programs SearchApp.exe and Textinputhost.exe are using my GPU. Q1. How can I prevent programs that I don't want from using my GPU?Q2. Why are these programs using the GPU, is microsoft mining bit coin on users' computers?

:)

EpicFail2016, Jun 13, 2021

2. GPU driver stopped working. I need help

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the GPU driver stopped working, which stopped working after the AVG update. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about it.

Let’s try a complete clean install of the GPU driver, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall.
    7. Do not restart the PC.

Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from NVidia
    website
    , select Auto Detect your GPU, once you download the drivers perform a clean install of drivers by following the steps mentioned below

1. Navigate to the location where the driver is downloaded (Usually it should be in the
      Downloads folder).
    2. Double-click on the driver to
      run it.
    3. Click on OK to start extracting the driver packages.
    4. Accept the License agreement and proceed further.
    5. Under Install options select
      Custom (Advanced)
      and click on Next
    6. Check the box next to
      Perform clean install and click on Next
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 13, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

4. DaveM121 Win User

Stop using my GPU

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Stop using my GPU

1. Stop using my GPU - Similar Threads - Stop using GPU

2. Why has my GPU stopped working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my GPU stopped working?: Hello. Recently I made an upgrade to my CPU. I upgraded from an Intel Core i3-9100F to an Intel Core i5-9600K. After removing the old CPU and installing the new one I cleaned up the rest of my PC with some air and replugged in all my cables and wires. After passing the boot...
  3. my laptop stop recognizing my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop stop recognizing my gpu: I was playing the day before yesterday on my alienware m15 r5 and everything was fine, yesterday I didn't even turn it on and when I turned it on today some purple lines appeared on the screen although I load the operating system it tells me that the graphics card 'Nvidia...
  4. my laptop stop recognizing my gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop stop recognizing my gpu: I was playing the day before yesterday on my alienware m15 r5 and everything was fine, yesterday I didn't even turn it on and when I turned it on today some purple lines appeared on the screen although I load the operating system it tells me that the graphics card 'Nvidia...
  5. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  6. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  7. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Computer occasionally stops using one GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer occasionally stops using one GPU: My Dell gaming laptop has two GPUs: an Intel card, and a GTX 1060. Every 30 minutes or so, no matter what I'm doing on my computer, it will randomly force the Intel card to do all of the work instead of sharing it between the two cards. The attached picture shows what it...
  9. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...
  10. GPU stop working

GPU stop working: I encountered a video_trd_failure so decided to restart . But after restarting I received an error message Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), and the nvida GPU stop working though the Intel card still working. I did a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. textinputhost.exe using gpu