Windows 10: Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

Discus and support Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EyeInTheSky, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version:

Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox [​IMG]

:)

EyeInTheSky, Mar 5, 2019

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 5, 2019
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

1. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox - Similar Threads - Stop videos auto

2. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  3. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  4. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  6. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.: SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well. If this happens and I load up a video or continue one the sound starts up again. It's like firefox/windows 10 sound is...
  7. video's will randomly stop playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  8. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song: iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some music or lecture that I ripped from a CD. How do I turn this auto-play off? I like my iPhone and iPad, *Smile but I really,...
  9. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  10. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...