Windows 10: stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?

Discus and support stop W10 installing specific driver during installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During a totally clean install on a freshly formatted HDD, is it possible to stop W10 installing a specific problem driver ? Somehow, W10 manages to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mooly, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?

During a totally clean install on a freshly formatted HDD, is it possible to stop W10 installing a specific problem driver ?

Somehow, W10 manages to install an Atheros WiFi driver before the install procedure finishes and this problem driver is causing such high system interrupts that the install procedure takes around 2 hours to reach the desktop. This driver gets installed before I have given W10 access to my router so it surely can't be getting it from there.

Any way to stop it doing this during install ?

(I did notice that the WiFi light which would normally flash if not connected or there was no driver actually remains steady through much of the install... which is a puzzle)

:)

Mooly, Oct 4, 2014

2. Avoiding Driver Problems

I've not tried this on W10, but possibly - Disable automatic Driver installation in Windows 10 may
    help.

Then remember to check from time to time and update your drivers from the manufacturers support web site for your specific PC make/model/OS.

However, I'm not sure if that would stop the Anniversary update from wreaking havoc though, or just stop any driver in the standard update cycle time.

George222(2), Oct 4, 2014
  3. Automatic Windows 10 Installation

I mistakenly reserved Windows 10 and now have continual reminders that it will be installed. I am running W7 Pro and DONOT want to upgrade(?) to W10. I followed instructions to cancel the reservation but still get messages W10 will be installed at a
    specific time. How do I stop this process.

Hawaii EMO, Oct 4, 2014
Thema:

stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?

1. stop W10 installing specific driver during installation? - Similar Threads - stop W10 installing

2. internal error during driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internal error during driver installation: Hello We have the problem on many computers that we can no longer install certain drivers. On this PC we have also the second time the problem that we could not install cumulative updates. For this we had to replace the drivers in DriverStore and Registery with a script....
  3. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  4. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  5. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Repo: How to install a driver during installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repo: How to install a driver during installation of Windows: I asked this question before, but the problem is not solved, so I decide to repost this...
  7. How to install a driver during installation of Windows

How to install a driver during installation of Windows: I installed Ubuntu 21.04 on Avita Liber V 14" Ryzen 3 3200U with Vega 3 graphics laptop before, now I have to reinstall Windows on it I get the iso file on MCT by open the app on virtual machine, and upload the iso on cloud, I downloaded it and flash it on a 64gb usb with...
  8. Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  9. how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers?: Hi windows 10 update module is really boring it continues to find new update for my videocard even i download the last from the nvidia homepage the only microsoft update are Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081424) can i block for ever...
  10. System freezes during driver installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freezes during driver installation: Hey guys. Having an annoying problem where when I try and install a software package for a device the system hard locks during the driver installation phase. No BSOD, simply freezes at the same point during the installation. Doesn't do it for every device I've installed...