Windows 10: Stop WD from automatically turning on when doing testing

Discus and support Stop WD from automatically turning on when doing testing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks When doing deliberate Virus testing I need WD to be turned off -- is it possible to disable it (not uninstall) so it doesn't switch on again... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Nov 10, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Stop WD from automatically turning on when doing testing

Hi folks

When doing deliberate Virus testing I need WD to be turned off -- is it possible to disable it (not uninstall) so it doesn't switch on again after a reboot or even randomly during testing.

I know normally you need to have some sort of A/V protection running - but if you want to test threats on a reasonably isolated machine you want to have this stuff turned off during your testing.

Running W10 Pro X-64.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 10, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 10, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stop WD from automatically turning on when doing testing :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop WD from automatically turning on when doing testing - Similar Threads - Stop automatically turning

2. how to stop my hp laptop from turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop my hp laptop from turning off automatically?: I want to turn off sleep mode automatically as my laptop is shutting down after a minute or two?Please advise how to correct. Thank you so much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-hp-laptop-from-turning-off/83135a2b-2b3d-41e2-aac6-dbcd3d939784
  3. how to stop my hp laptop from turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop my hp laptop from turning off automatically?: I want to turn off sleep mode automatically as my laptop is shutting down after a minute or two?Please advise how to correct. Thank you so much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-hp-laptop-from-turning-off/83135a2b-2b3d-41e2-aac6-dbcd3d939784
  4. how to stop my hp laptop from turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WD External Drives will not stop reading when not using them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD External Drives will not stop reading when not using them: My WD external drives when plugged into this computer will have non-stop activity which can be noticed by a constant blinking light, even with my brand new empty 5TB external hard drive that was just purchased today. When I eject and plug them into another machine, the...
  6. WD External Drives will not stop reading when not using them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD External Drives will not stop reading when not using them: My WD external drives when plugged into this computer will have non-stop activity which can be noticed by a constant blinking light, even with my brand new empty 5TB external hard drive that was just purchased today. When I eject and plug them into another machine, the...
  7. How do i stop window from automatically minimising?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i stop window from automatically minimising?: Sorry I can’t really explain the title, but basically, heres what im tryna do. Im tryna take notes on word from a PowerPoint presentation. Whenever i try to have both windows open the powerpoint application automatically minimises whenever i click on word. How do i ‘lock’ the...
  8. How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...: Everytime I turn my bluetooth off it turns itself right back on. This is not a new problem this is ever since I've had Windows 10 a while now. My Windows is up to date....
  9. stop proxy turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stop proxy turning off automatically?: How do I stop proxy turning off automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/stop-proxy-turning-off-automatically/ec5fdaf2-1ab4-433f-b4bd-adab24a0ff99
  10. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...