Windows 10: Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page.

Discus and support Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I get why they are doing it but I like to see the actual URL. Anyone know how to shut this off? Happening in all Microsoft products local and cloud.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigDOS, Sep 21, 2021.

1. /u/bigDOS Win User

Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page.

I get why they are doing it but I like to see the actual URL.

Anyone know how to shut this off? Happening in all Microsoft products local and cloud.

submitted by /u/bigDOS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigDOS, Sep 21, 2021
  2. dagda13 Win User

How do I remove a HYPERLINK() formula that assigns a URL to a link name, and keep the URL assigned to the link name?

I have 3 columns, 'C' is a list of URLs, 'E' is a list of friendly names I use to represent the URL, and 'D' is the link.

To make the Link names into hyperlinks, I created this formula for the link name in D2: =HYPERLINK(C2,E2).

I need to be able to copy and paste the result of that formula with the hyperlink, but WITHOUT the formula in it!

If I "Paste Special..." with "Formulas" unchecked, then all I get is Link name back with no link. Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page. :(

Is there a way to remove the middle-man (the formula) and just keep the URL for the link name? Thanks!

dagda13, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Turning only part of a picture into a hyperlink

I know I could cut the pictures, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Does anyone know how I could select a few coördinates in a picture and turn them into a hyperlink? and do this 5 times per jpg, ie turning 1 pic into 5 diff links. (only has to be vertically cut)

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 21, 2021
  4. d1nky Win User

Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page.

hyperlinking?!

can someone help me create a hyperlink for my signature, I would like two separate links with names. and is it ok to link to another site? so that I can show my rig gallery.

ive been reading about links href, anchors and it all uses confusing html and tpu doesn't allow html in sigs?!

I am a complete noooooooooooob to this.

thanks

d1nky, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop Win10 from modifying hyperlinks, turning them into the name of the linked page. - Similar Threads - Stop Win10 modifying

2. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  3. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  4. How to reinstate the ability to be able to link into hyperlinks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstate the ability to be able to link into hyperlinks.: I have researched this issue to ad nauseum. Never have I been able to find the correct answer. This is not a case of having to change a User account 'type'. There is no need to change User accounts or to give myself Admin rights. I have them as the only user on this laptop....
  5. How to reinstate the ability to be able to link into hyperlinks.

How to reinstate the ability to be able to link into hyperlinks.: I have researched this issue to ad nauseum. Never have I been able to find the correct answer. This is not a case of having to change a User account 'type'. There is no need to change User accounts or to give myself Admin rights. I have them as the only user on this laptop....
  6. download from link in a page with powershell

download from link in a page with powershell: I have a page with link as below https://www.nseindia.com/companies-l...-announcements In that there is a link for downloading a file. copy link location of that link shows as "javascript:downloadCSV('CFanncEquity-download')" How to make a batch file to download that file...
  7. Modifying User name from Chinese to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modifying User name from Chinese to English.: I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do? ***Modified Title from: How to Modify System User name***...
  8. Chrome autostart with page from win10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome autostart with page from win10: A real nightmare for me. When I start Chrome after a Windows reboot, it often, but not always, opens with one tab with this URL: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming I am sure I never visited mixer.com in my Chrome browser, but it might have shown up when Edge was run. This also...
  9. Modify user account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...
  10. Need to Modify Network Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Modify Network Names: Hello. I'm here about the age-old issue of network names getting a "#2" or "#3" appended to their names. For instance, I have a hotspot device called "Hotspot". I just bought a new one today and I want to name it "Hotspot" as well -- but Windows is a clever beast, and it...