Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jamesechalfant, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now every time I reboot my computer Windows insists that I create a pin for it, claiming "We think you'll like it". I don't like it, I like using my password and I find this incredibly annoying and intrusive; it takes me an extra 30 seconds to log in because I have to jump through a dozen hoops to skip the pin creation. How do I disable the pin feature on Windows 10? I don't want it to ever prompt me to create a pin again.

:)

Jamesechalfant, Apr 5, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Stop asking me to create a PIN!

please o please tell me how i can stop Windows 10 from asking me to create a PIN to login with.....I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE ONE! no matter what I do it forces me to create one.

I understand it might be more secure etc etc but I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE ONE!

I am more than happy to enter in my normal password to access my profile I DO NOT WANT A PIN

Please assist me in stopping this annoyance. Its my computer and I will have it work the way I want it to.

DarrenSailes, Apr 5, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot

Yes, I can confirm that.
    Just like Ztrucker said...…………..
    (A) If clicking at the Microsoft Account box on the right first > sign in with the password > it will go to desktop without prompting for Pin create.
    (B) If entering the password into the password box right away without clicking at the Microsoft Account box first, then create Pin prompt will appear.
    That registry editing tutorial ( A Workaround to Disable PIN Login in Windows 10 / 8 | Password Recovery ) is not necessary. I can keep the "value" at 1 and still be able to avoid prompting to create PIN if I use method (A)

Just one extra step on sign in. I can live with that.

Thing is, I do not have this issue on the rest of my 4 computers.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

1. Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin - Similar Threads - Stop Asking Create

2. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  3. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  4. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  5. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  6. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do stop windows asking me to create a pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do stop windows asking me to create a pin: so, i reinstalled windows, now every time i turn on my pc it asks for me to create a pin, but i cant since i no longer have access to that email (i did the recovery form now and in the past but nothing yet) so any way to disable it asking me to do it? cheers submitted by...
  8. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop windows asking for me to make a pin: Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is...
  9. Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN: Hello. So First of all, I was just laying in my bed and watching videos, but I felt sleepy so I shut down my laptop and went to sleep. 5 minutes later, I realized I forgot to send an email to my teacher, so I went back to my laptop. When I turned it on, all the other users...
  10. Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot: The 1803 build forced me to create a pin during a clean install then I deleted it after the install completed. Now it asks me to create a pin every time I boot. How do I stop this from happening on a Win 10 Home X64 system. 112281