Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All files created on my surface appear with a lock on the file icon. When i go in to properties>advanced, all files have "Encrypt content to secure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CustardEater, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically

All files created on my surface appear with a lock on the file icon. When i go in to properties>advanced, all files have "Encrypt content to secure data" automatically selected. i cant deselect this otption and the file becomes unencreypted, but any time i move or change any file, encryptiopn is re-instated.

Windows 10 SurfacePro (4 i think?)

Device encryption is off

Bitlocker is off

I log in to windows 10 on my PC using the same account as my surface, but i dont have any issues.

When i created a new account on my surface as detailed below (found another user having the same issue but with no final answer on this forum), the new account didnt encrypt files.

1. Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    3. In the command prompt window, type net user [username] /add, and then press Enter.
    4. In the command prompt window again, type net localgroup administrators [username] /add, and then press Enter.
    5. Sign out from your current user account, and then sign in to the newly created account.
    6. Check if the issue will persist on the new account.

How can i stop windows encrypting all of my files?

:)

CustardEater, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 5, 2018
  3. glt137 Win User
    Files automatically being encrypted

Hi there

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional taking advantage of the free upgrade. Since doing this all new files which I created (this could be any type of file from microsoft office documents
    to PDFs) are automatically being encrypted.

When I did the upgrade I noticed something new in that some files on my computer were carrying a yellow padlock symbol and some were not. I am was unsure after upgrading as to why only certain files were encrypted and some not.
    However whenever a new file is created it is automatically being encrypted.

This is causing a problem as other users/computers on my network can not access these files when placed in a mapped network drive ('Access denied') unless I do the following, right-click the file I want
    to de-crypt, and then click Properties, click the general tab and then click advanced, then de-select the encrypt contents to secure data check box, click OK. When doing this the yellow
    padlock symbol disappears and the files can be read and edited by other users/computers on my network.

Any help or advice on how to stop files becoming automatically encrypted would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

glt137, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically

1. Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically - Similar Threads - Stop encrypting files

2. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop: So a few days ago I was trying to put a password on a zip file, and I'm not quite sure what I did, but now everytime I create a new folder ou file, it automatically encrypts and I have no idea how to remove it.I tried searching on the web how to solve it, and came across this...
  3. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop: So a few days ago I was trying to put a password on a zip file, and I'm not quite sure what I did, but now everytime I create a new folder ou file, it automatically encrypts and I have no idea how to remove it.I tried searching on the web how to solve it, and came across this...
  4. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?: Windows 10 automatically encrypts any file downloaded to the desktop or any other external drive (lock icon appears). I have to right-click the file(s), go to Properties > Advanced and uncheck "encrypt contents to secure data." If I change the filename or copy the file, it...
  6. All my files ENCRYPTED

All my files ENCRYPTED: hi I found all my fiIes ENCRYPTED . ..then ifound text in all folder saying that """---------------------------------------------- ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ----------------------------------------------- Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files...
  7. Desktop is encrypting files automatically

Desktop is encrypting files automatically: I recently got this new and very annoying problem on my laptop Any file that goes through the desktop is automatically encrypted. Any word/excel/photo etc file that goes through the desktop is encrypted and receives this small padlock on it. After doing a lot of digging...
  8. Do not automatically encrypt files moved to encrypted folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Do not automatically encrypt files moved to encrypted folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you prefer keeping your files and folder encrypted, you might have run into the EFS or Encryption File System algorithm. This is an inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and helps the user in securing their precious data. There is [...] This post Do not automatically...
  9. Encrypt My All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypt My All Files: Hi All i encrypt some files (Properties ->General ->advanced ) but from that time any file i created it , it become encrypt defalutly , how fix it? 22046
  10. Find All Encrypted Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find All Encrypted Files in Windows 10: How to: Find All Encrypted Files in Windows 10 How to Find and List All Your EFS Encrypted Files in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop encryption of documents

2. how to stop windows from encrypting files

3. windows 10 stop encrypting files

4. how to stop encrypting files,
  5. stop encryption on computer,
  6. how to stop the auto encrypting,
  7. HOW DO I STOP WORD DOCUMENTS ENCRYPTING,
  8. stop initial encryption,
  9. windows 10 is automatically encrypting files,
  10. all files automatically encrypted,
  11. stop encrypting a file,