Windows 10: stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update

Discus and support stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]i am running windows 10 home 1903. i have a discrete graphics card and an integrated graphics card in my laptop. both are malfunctioning due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by g-naveen, Sep 11, 2019.

1. g-naveen Win User

stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update

stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update c72b4cf7-8c7d-415b-b8c5-c4da3c750fc1?upload=true.png i am running windows 10 home 1903. i have a discrete graphics card and an integrated graphics card in my laptop. both are malfunctioning due to incompatibility with windows 10. so i have disabled both of them in the device-manager for the time-being till i take my laptop to a computer repair shop (i am out of station now temporarily.) enabling them causes the machine to get stuck during booting and produces a BSOD everytime. and i have no hopes that these 2 can be repaired back to normal state; or atleast not without spending a huge amount. now my problem is i want to stop windows update from downloading and installing device drivers for both my graphics cards; but windows keeps downloading and installing them and enabling my graphics cards again and again. i have tried the option as shown in the screenshot too, but it is not helping. i dont want to get stuck at BSODs during boot; i dont want to daily waste ~300 MB of limited-metered internet-data; i dont want to leave my OS unpatched by other updates. someone please give me a solution. is there any option in windows 10 to download the updates i select manually (like it was in windows 7)? why has M$ made things difficult for us?

:)

g-naveen, Sep 11, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. stop windows 10 from downloading and installing device drivers using windows update - Similar Threads - stop downloading installing

2. Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers: Hi When Windows 10 upgrades your existing installation, it will (without even asking you!) install generic "Microsoft" drivers which don't work properly. Every time I've upgraded Windows 10 (currently using 1903), I have to re-install the Broadcom Ethernet device driver,...
  3. Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.: Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver that windows ships works great and the sound coming from the laptop is decent on the speakers and good on the audio jack. The...
  4. How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?: For about a year and a half, Windows 10 has been forcing me to install a broken update. If I don't shut down my computer, a shirt time later, Windows 10 forcefully shuts down my computer and installs the update. Then in the middle of the update, it displays "We couldn't...
  5. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?: How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class driver automatically without giving me option to manually browse to the driver location to pick driver ".inf" file that i...
  6. How to stop Windows from trying to download updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows from trying to download updates: Hi I have new PC running W10 Home and I have installed and activated Office XP on it. Windows Update is trying to install updates for Office XP but they will not download and a "TRY AGAIN" link comes up up when I click on it Windows tries for a few seconds then the message...
  7. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...
  8. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...
  9. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver: Hello all, Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver? Thanks much. 101752
  10. Download Driver Updates - But not Install

Download Driver Updates - But not Install: Can I configure Windows 10 to download Driver updates but not install them? I would like to review the Driver Updates separately and possibly install at a later time.. 97487