Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A Windows 10 Home update installed a new Microsoft mouse driver. My mouse then began acting crazy - double-clicks, wouldn't select, etc. I deleted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mburwen, May 21, 2018.

1. mburwen Win User

Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot

A Windows 10 Home update installed a new Microsoft mouse driver. My mouse then began acting crazy - double-clicks, wouldn't select, etc. I deleted the Windows driver, leaving the original Logitech driver and mouse action returned to normal. The problem is that Windows always loads its driver during boot, and I have to delete it again. I researched this and found a registry fix to prevent all Windows drivers from loading, but not a way to stop just the mouse driver. Is there a way to do this?

:)

mburwen, May 21, 2018

2. Mouse drivers in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Microsoft has not yet released the drivers for Microsoft Laser mouse 8000.

I suggest you install the drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, May 21, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    My mouse pointer is switching from the loading mouse pointer to the normal pointer really fast in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of the Mouse?

• Have you updated all the drivers?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mouse driver from device manager and check.

1. Press Windows and X keys together.

2. Click on Device Manager.

3. Select Mouse and other pointing devices from the list.

4. Uninstall by right clicking on the driver.

5. Restart the system, the driver will be automatically installed.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot

1. Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot - Similar Threads - Stop loading mouse

2. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading: My mouse cursor won't stop "Working In Background." Windows Error Reporting Services has a high CPU usage. I've tried restarting the computer, running a full scan with McAfee, disabling McAfee, and killing the high memory not CPU usage task but it's still loading. I have...
  3. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading: My mouse cursor won't stop "Working In Background." Windows Error Reporting Services has a high CPU usage. I've tried restarting the computer, running a full scan with McAfee, disabling McAfee, and killing the high memory not CPU usage task but it's still loading. I have...
  4. Mouse won’t load on Windows Preview 20207 boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won’t load on Windows Preview 20207 boot: Logitech mouse M 510 (wireless) wont load/activate upon boot of Windows Eval edition #20207 blue screen where you choose options of what to open. Works fine once desktop is opened. Updated all drivers. Ran SFC/scan now. Also, mouse works on Windows 20H2. Dual boot system with...
  5. Mouse won’t load on Windows Preview 20207 boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won’t load on Windows Preview 20207 boot: Logitech mouse M 510 (wireless) wont load/activate upon boot of Windows Eval edition #20207 blue screen where you choose options of what to open. Works fine once desktop is opened. Updated all drivers. Ran SFC/scan now. Also, mouse works on Windows 20H2. Dual boot system with...
  6. Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup: Most of the time, the driver for my mouse pad, which allows me to use multi-touch gesture, doesn't load when I turn on my laptop. Whenever it happens, I have to manually restart my laptop for the driver to kick in. Is there any solution for this problem? Here's my laptop's...
  7. how do I stop windows 10 1903 from updating synaptics mouse driver

how do I stop windows 10 1903 from updating synaptics mouse driver: When I updated last time my synaptics mouse driver updated for windows 10 1903 and made it so that I couldn't disable the touch pad any longer. It would only allow me to change what the mouse did. I updated and then had to do a system restore to resolve the issue. [img]...
  8. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive: Hi, Yesterday I did clean reinstall of windows 10 after exepriencing issues while trying to install dual operating systems. The installation completed successfully but there is a strange thing I noticed. When I turn on the computer the motherboard splash screen stays on and...
  9. Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.: Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver that windows ships works great and the sound coming from the laptop is decent on the speakers and good on the audio jack. The...
  10. Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.: I will state now that I have figured out how to fix the problem but preventing it from happening I haven't figured out yet. The problem is video drivers stopping windows 10 from boot. I have a Asus 560 ti and Intel HD3000 (onboard) in my PC. Generally what happens is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop driver from loading

2. stop windows loading installation in boot

3. stop mouse from bootong