Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xeleron, Jan 5, 2019.

1. xeleron Win User

Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver that windows ships works great and the sound coming from the laptop is decent on the speakers and good on the audio jack. The problem is that windows is overwriting the driver with a newer one which makes everything sound like a tin can (no bass, no voice, high treble) and no matter what I do I cant seem to stop it. I tried disabling the automatic search for drivers which doesnt work, either via group policy or regedit or through the menu option but windows ignores me and soon after reverting to the stock driver i can see the „driver installation module” working its way and pushing the new driver. Is there any other way of stopping windows from overwriting the driver. Thank you.
    PS.Windows 10 1809 PRO.

:)

xeleron, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 5, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jan 5, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers. - Similar Threads - Stop overwriting drivers

2. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  3. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  4. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop Microsoft Dictation from Overwriting previously spoken text??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Microsoft Dictation from Overwriting previously spoken text??: We have been using the Windows key + H for the Windows Dictation program for a couple weeks now and for the most part it has worked well.All of a sudden today, it's not working. Once activated and start speaking it will transcribe the first few words/sentence, but then it...
  6. Windows 10 Home Overwrite

Windows 10 Home Overwrite: Hi, I used to use inactivated Windows 10 Pro on my PC but I realised I had activated on my laptop and thought I could use the digital license on that to activate it on my PC. I then changed the RegEdit to Home from Pro and installed a copy of windows on my flash drive and...
  7. Windows 10 overwrite windows 7

Windows 10 overwrite windows 7: Okay so basically, had some Computer problems. Finally got my computer to boot after buying a SSD and loading it with my Windows 7 disk (had it for a while.) Anyways my other HDD will not work on boot up but will be available once it's booted through the SSD my HDD though...
  8. Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers: We recently updated our computers at the radio station I work at; we also transitioned to an audio over iP console system that utilizes software instead of physical sound cards for audio. This system (called LiveWire) uses a separate NIC card on each machine for the network....
  9. Window 10 ver 1511 overwrites device drivers - need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 ver 1511 overwrites device drivers - need to reinstall: The original upgrade of my Samsung Q330 laptop from W7 to W10 wiped some of the device drivers, and required the following A physical change of wifi card, since the Broadcom card was incompatible with W10 Reinstallation of the Synaptics Touchpad driver software...
  10. How to stop updates from overwriting file & icon associations?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop updates from overwriting file & icon associations?: I have been using an application called Default Programs Editor to adjust the default program to open with when a file is opened and also the icon. I have done this once for Windows 10. However, it seems that after the latest update (which seems to be on a daily basis? *Huh),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will windows overwrite my wifi drivers how to stop windows update from updating drivers

2. how to keep windows from overwriting gpu drivers

3. windows 10 overwriting original driver

4. how to prevent windows from overwriting cmedia usb driver,
  5. windows 10 stop overwriting characters,
  6. !g windows 10 overwrites drivers,
  7. how to stop over-writing on windows 10,
  8. prevent windows 10 from over writing sound drivers,
  9. stop windows update overwriting drivers