Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You can Enable the Select the target Feature Update version Group Policy setting or use the TargetReleaseVersionInfo Registry key to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 28, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version

WinClub, Jun 28, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

I recently got an update for Windows 10. In the "Update & Security section of Settings it says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607". I have tried to install three times.

The first time I let the auto update (that is when I tried to log off I took the 'Log off and update way'). It completed the "configuring update for Windows 10" then went to second step. The second step “Whencomplete,
    Windows 10 setup will restart automatically" never completed. It seemed it wound go on for a long time; therefore, I stopped the update and reloaded the previous install.

The second time I looked up what to do to update on your webpage. I followed the steps listed for the update and it did the same as in my previous try; however, instead of stopping the update I let run all night. It
    never finished. I therefore stopped the update and reloaded the previous install.

The third try had the same result as the first.

Why will it not complete and what shoud I do next? Also, will this happen again on future updates?

Fred

FredricZeigler, Jun 28, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version - Similar Threads - Stop upgrading next

2. Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 81%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 81%: Dear All,My computer is HP Elite X2 1012 G1. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to update my Windows and nothing worked. I'm currently on the 2004 versionThat I have to do?...
  3. Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1: Today, we are introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1. As people continue to rely on Windows more than ever to work, learn and have fun, we understand the importance of providing the best possible update experience to help people and organizations stay...
  4. Updating the next version of MS 10

Updating the next version of MS 10: I am unable to update window 10 version 1910 and I get the following reply windows cannot update or or more system components.. To install windows restart and then restart the installation This is happening for the last one year...
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 61%

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 61%: Dear All, can you please help me to overcome the problem in the Subject? My computer is HP Elite X2 1012 G1. I have tried whatever I could find, including uninstalling the audio devices one of the advices found at Windows Central. Nothing worked. What should I do?...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Upgrades and Driver versions

Windows 10 Feature Upgrades and Driver versions: Hello, I recently upgraded my firm to Windows 10 through the ISO but it appears that the specific drivers I used to have got wiped out and Windows decided to install its own versions. Does Windows 10 Feature Upgrades cause specific drivers to be wiped out? I want to be...
  7. Stop the feature update notice of any version from windows

Stop the feature update notice of any version from windows: [ATTACH] I'm happy and ok with 1903 Windows Pro N. No hangs or freezes, no dark or blue screen. Everything is working fine for me now. Fan blows out cool air now. Cpu and disk are ok. Nothing slow in my almost 10 years old laptop. I don't want any version update to 1909,...
  8. Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004

Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004: What is the file size of the next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004? I need to know the file size to ensure that I will have sufficient data to be able to download the Update to completion. Or does the Update download a bit at a time...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 " The next Windows feature update is ready and...

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 " The next Windows feature update is ready and...: Good Evening, I got the above message " The next Windows feature update is ready and includes reliability, performance and security improvements. " ie for Version 1909….I'm currently running 1809 Home. If I accept this update, download and install Do I loose any data...
  10. windows 10 feature update from version 1803 to version 1809

windows 10 feature update from version 1803 to version 1809: i had a feature update to go from version 1803 to version 1809 so i downloaded it and installed. everything seem to go well and was working fine,but when i checked for windows updates because i have auto updates off there were some new updates after the new install of version...