Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft! It's been a couple years and people are still asking for this!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrandonHouser, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices

Hey Microsoft! It's been a couple years and people are still asking for this!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-stop-windows-from-automatically-switching/b6b7c197-3391-440b-ab02-018e51234583

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cxzidd/disable_windows_10_automatic_audio_output/

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/ifskgs/disable_windows_10_audio_switching_on_new_device/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1657eca4-d978-40f1-8cc4-9d7f5f0f076f/how-do-i-disable-the-automatic-switching-of-the-default-audio-device?forum=win10itprogeneral

Why don't you take your Annual income of $44.28 billion USD and at least fix this ONE issue for us you've been neglecting on top of the hundreds of other concerns we have :

:)

BrandonHouser, Oct 19, 2020

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio device, and screen will not auto rotate. Can I revert back to Windows 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    And, also I suggest you to install all the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install the audio driver and display drivers.

Method 2: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2020
  4. tiendat Win User

Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices :(.

tiendat, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices

1. Stop Windows 10 fromn Auto-changing Audio Devices - Similar Threads - Stop fromn Auto

2. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select an audio device as the default audio device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to...
  3. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  4. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  5. Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings: This problem is on Windows 10 and I have no idea why it is not resolved yet. I've seen other posts about it but no sure fix. Why is it every time I plug in a new device to my PC that has audio capabilities. Windows automatically thinks I want my sound setting changed and it...
  6. How to stop audio devices changing

How to stop audio devices changing: Is there a way to disable the behaviour of Windows altering what your "default" device is whenever you plug in a new one? If not then what is the actual functionality of the default besides being the currently selected device? Every time I plug in a controller or a webcam...
  7. realtek audio levels auto changing

realtek audio levels auto changing: so ive found this post while googling this issue from back in 2016 and im having the same issue but none of the slutions work for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-issue-sound-volume-randomly/8ea9b08b-3f68-402f-ac73-44799d31656f?page=3...
  8. How to stop windows 10 from automatically changing audio device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows 10 from automatically changing audio device?: Whenever I turn on my Xbox 360 controller it temporarily changes my audio device to "Headset Earphone (XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:01)," even though I don't have a headset attached to my controller. If possible, I would like to disable this function. submitted by /u/Fatman4lyfe...
  9. Stop Win 10 changing default audio device

Stop Win 10 changing default audio device: Hi I have a Win 10 Pro PC with multiple audio devices, many are USB audio devices. Every time I connect a USB audio device to the PC it becomes the default audio recording and playback device - I would like to change this behaviour so that the motherboard audio device is...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc stopped changing output audio devices automatically