Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 Service Host: Delivery Optimization from hogging bandwidth?

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 Service Host: Delivery Optimization from hogging bandwidth? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 machine will wait until I open an online multiplayer game to start Service Host: Delivery Optimization in the background and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shelbster, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Shelbster Win User

Stop Windows 10 Service Host: Delivery Optimization from hogging bandwidth?

My Windows 10 machine will wait until I open an online multiplayer game to start Service Host: Delivery Optimization in the background and it completely crushes my slow internet connection, forcing me to wait for it to finish doing something I did not consent to before I can use the internet as I desire to. I am the administrator, not the machine. It should not be acting without my approval.

Windows Updates isn't running. The store isn't downloading anything. Rebooting doesn't stop it. Every time this happens, I am forced to wait for it to finish. I can't figure out what it is doing or why. It does this on the weekend, during active hours, when I am using it. This is deliberate and unacceptable.

How do I make it stop?

:)

Shelbster, Jun 30, 2019

2. Stop Delivery Optimization from hogging bandwidth?

Is there a way to stop the Delivery Optimization from hogging all of my bandwidth when I am using it? Windows has all night to update and even with the active hours set properly, it still basically does what it wants when it wants. As a paying customer,
    this won't do. Before I attempt to take further action, I have to ask here. So, again, what needs to be done to stop the Delivery Optimization Service from running when I don't need it to?

Thanks

unhappycustomeragain, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Naveen Win User
    Delivery Optimization service is hogging all my bandwidth, how to stop it?

I installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I have noticed that there is a process 'Service Host: Delivery Optimization' is hogging all the bandwidth. I am unable to use my internet for browsing.

From this link I gather that you can disable it by turning off the setting of 'Updates from more than one place'. I did it and restarted my PC and it still didn't work. I can see this service in services.msc and its set to 'Automatic (Delayed Start)'. Shouldn't this service be disabled when I turn off 'Updates from more than one place'?

How can I get this service to not run? Is it safe if I disable this service from 'services.msc'?

Naveen, Jun 30, 2019
  4. halfey Win User

Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Uh sorry but it appears in many cases disabling Windows Store update actually works. Just look at the first page where my suggestion being marked as helpful by 100+ users is proof enough that disabling Windows Store update solves the problem for many who
    experienced bandwidth hogging even after they modified the Delivery Optimization settings. YMMV

halfey, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop Windows 10 Service Host: Delivery Optimization from hogging bandwidth? - Similar Threads - Stop Service Host

2. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth: For the FIFTH TIME, windows delivery optimization has stolen over 30g in one hour. No solutions to turn it off have worked. My bandwidth is limited, and I pay for everything Microsoft steals. Standby for the class action lawsuit....
  3. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth: For the FIFTH TIME, windows delivery optimization has stolen over 30g in one hour. No solutions to turn it off have worked. My bandwidth is limited, and I pay for everything Microsoft steals. Standby for the class action lawsuit....
  4. Delivery optimization stealing bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  6. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  7. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  8. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  9. Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network: Currently Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization is hogging the network. Therefore nothing else can download at the right speed. For example I am using the xbox (beta) app to install Gears 5 but it is barely able to achieve a reading so downloads very slowly...
  10. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...