Windows 10: Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN

Discus and support Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Suddenly Windows 10 is harassing me to set up a PIN and interfering with the sign in process, making it much more of a hassle to sign in. I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kennyms, Apr 12, 2020.

1. kennyms Win User

Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN

Suddenly Windows 10 is harassing me to set up a PIN and interfering with the sign in process, making it much more of a hassle to sign in.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the sign in process, so the last thing I want is a PIN

Thanks for any help

:)

kennyms, Apr 12, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN

Two OneNotes? One PIN. Please make it stop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Try the below steps to disable the PIN and check if that helps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Look for PIN. Since you have already created a pin, you should be getting option as
      Forgot my PIN, click on that.
    • Now click on Continue.
    • Don’t enter the pin details and click on
      Cancel
    • Now check for the issue.
    If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to post your query in Office forum as they will be able to assist you in this regard.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN

1. Stop windows 10 trying to force me to set up a PIN - Similar Threads - Stop trying force

2. Windows 11 forcing me to set up a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forcing me to set up a PIN: I have never used a pin to sign in to my computer, just my regular Microsoft/Outlook account password. Now when I do so, a window pops up telling me to create a pin. This just started a few days ago and it's really irritating. How do I stop this? Please no advice to create a...
  3. Windows 11 forcing me to set up a PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forcing me to set up a PIN: I have never used a pin to sign in to my computer, just my regular Microsoft/Outlook account password. Now when I do so, a window pops up telling me to create a pin. This just started a few days ago and it's really irritating. How do I stop this? Please no advice to create a...
  4. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  5. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  6. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  7. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  8. Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...: After successful login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer it forces me to try and create a PIN. That fails and it sends me back to the login screen. I can't get into Windows 10....
  9. Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...

Windows 10 computer forces me to try and create a PIN. PIN creation fails and it sends me...: After successful login to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer it forces me to try and create a PIN. That fails and it sends me back to the login screen. I can't get into Windows 10....
  10. Windows 10 forces me to set up a pin, then gets stuck on Just a moment screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 forces me to set up a pin, then gets stuck on Just a moment screen: every time I sign in, which is every time I boot my pc, it tells me to set up a pin, and the only option is Next. I click that, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then it goes to the Just a moment screen and gets stuck, so now I can't use my computer...