Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apologies for posting yet another "Stop win 10 Updates" But as all the threads are locked, and the answers seem to be in the main, un resolved with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian JW, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Brian JW Win User

Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset

Apologies for posting yet another "Stop win 10 Updates"

But as all the threads are locked, and the answers seem to be in the main, un resolved with "its a fact of life"

My concerns are that (this is related to my job) every single time. this is not an exaggeration, there is an update, i have had to roll it back or uninstall programs to get them to work, all the settings are changed so i have to reset most setting in most programs

we are running 0ffice 365 (that itself is ....well you guys know!!) / office 2016

Outlook "not implemented" emails dissapear as i am answering them

Photoshop, will not work, open work I was working on before the update

Adobe DC well thats has its issues anyway

Excel again that in its present form has issues

Word again same

So there muxt be some geniuse out there that does know a way to stop this, costly waste of time to my day & business

I had to outsource some work to completed because my PS stopped working & i did not have the time to roll it back unistall re install etc

So sorry for repeating previous posts, but is Microsoft, just not interested in having software that works, just look at the rise in issue since office 365 came along.

No doubt one will be fired down as the heretic & expect the post to dissapear or be locked and dismissed, here but my frustration is driving me crazy

KInd regards

:)

Brian JW, Sep 18, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Sep 18, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely

You just run the script by right click run as administrator:

Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset [​IMG]

Make your choices and exit. There will be no update checks until you run the script. RE: Windows Defender. I don't use it so can't comment.

RE: Failing update. Before running WUMT you probably need to reset WU:

1. Disconnect the computer from the Internet (important) so Windows Update cannot automatically update. Prefer to switch off router.
    2. Stop Windows Update Service. If it won't stop switch off router and reboot with no connection and check that it stopped.
    3. Run the script here Script Reset Windows Update Agent (right click and run as administrator) choosing option 11 then reboot when finished. Keep router off.
    4. Run the script again choose option 2. When finished shut down.
    5. Switch on router and boot into windows.
    6. Configure update settings (via settings panel) to your preference and launch a Windows Update check.

Hopefully everything works. After that you can run WUMT Wrapper Script for additional control.

Callender, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset - Similar Threads - Stop Updates stop

2. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  3. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  4. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  6. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  7. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stop Windows 10 from resetting libraries after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows 10 from resetting libraries after update: I have my music library setup so that it's only %userprofile%\Music. After Windows updates it keeps adding \OneDrive\Music to the library. How can I stop this? submitted by /u/imthewiseguy [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 updates stopped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates stopped: Hi, I followed a command to stop the windows from updating, it is cmd/sc del wuauserv. I did that because i dont have much data left on my connection. Now i have and i want to install updates, But when I try checking for updates. It doesn't activate at all. A risk message is...
  10. Stop Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Windows 10 Updates: How do I stop Windows 10 Up Dates. Every time an up date is done the 4 computers on the network stop seeing or talking to each other, whether it be just RJ45 network or windows workgroup it all stops and you need to spend hours just to get it going again. 91456