Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is nightmare ! I have two NVIDIA graphics cards and work with 4 displays/monitors: 1. GeForce GTX 1060 2. GeForce 605 Unfortunately older GF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoSt77, Jan 19, 2020.

1. GeoSt77 Win User

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !

It is nightmare !

I have two NVIDIA graphics cards and work with 4 displays/monitors:

1. GeForce GTX 1060

2. GeForce 605

Unfortunately older GF 605 is not supported at letest Nvidia drivers, while 1060 is. So I just keep a bit older drivers, so both cards supported and works and I can use all 4 monitors that way.

I had AMD card before GTX 1060. Problems started once I replaced old AMD card with GTX 1060. As now both cards are same Nvidia drivers and I guess Windows try keep GTX 1060 drivers up to date. And almost every day two of my monitors go off, as windows got drivers for GTX 1060 updated, but this is same driver for 605 card, so that older card just stop working. So I have to manually DDU uninstall new driver and again install older one to make both cards work. And a day or few days later - same, I get driver updated! Nightmare! Windows ignore and don't have in mind updating 1060 will cause 605 stop working...

Help, how to stop Windows updating graphics drivers ?

I did try one suggestion:

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! f039578e-3421-4f78-a0d6-26e87925fd4a?upload=true.png

But no effect, I just got drivers updated and my 605 again off ... other solutions ?

:)

GeoSt77, Jan 19, 2020
  2. StefanM Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

There is a workaround i'm using successfuly since 2 months described at Guru3D
    I suggest to create a system restore point before using it.

In your case you have to replace the title with "AMD*" of course.

StefanM, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't stop updating graphics drivers

In the past I have already made a post about windows updating graphics to an older version and now I'm having that problem again but the way to stop windows from updating my graphics is no longer stopping windows from messing around with my graphics driver.

• Feel free to view my older post about it in 2016 if you wish ---> Link

As always I use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) to uninstall older graphics drivers on computers then install the new ones manually. However when I get the more updated graphics drivers installed, windows updates the graphics drivers automatically when
    it doesn't need to be updated. I already tried using "Show or hide updates troubleshooter" and it does not stop windows from messing around with the graphics drivers for some reason.

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 89e257eb-2343-4cec-9eb6-b90b13185815.png

I always seem to have problems with Windows 10 automatically updating new AMD and Intel graphics drivers to older ones. I went into control panel> system and security> system> advanced system settings> hardware tab> check "no" because I don't want windows
    to download manufacturer's apps and custom icons available on my devices. But that still does not stop windows from messing with the updated graphics drivers still.

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 30b084de-1c2b-4273-806e-3ce98c98740f.png

• Intel HD Graphics 530 (Old) <------- What windows installed

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 8705988a-3280-4527-b93b-b2cfa1746acd.png

• Intel HD Graphics 530 (New) <------- What I installed

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! f71eef71-f1d0-46e5-bc33-4ccb72efe31e.png

• Intel Graphics 520 (not old) <------- What windows installed, but it's still annoying that
      windows still updates more updated graphics drivers to older ones.

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! a855b83f-90ab-408f-8ca7-1593272bac55.png

• Intel Graphics 520 (not old) <------- What I installed

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 2ac0a9cc-2ac7-4928-a603-8dc41bf54084.png

• AMD R5 M335 (Old) <------- What windows installed

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 22e3e154-e53b-4c95-ba0e-bcdd74344862.png

• AMD R5 M335(New) <------- What I installed

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! 6308caf2-b9ca-4d67-be81-ab2ec35635f2.png

"Show or hide updates troubleshooter" does not work for me anymore. How to do I stop Windows 10 from messing around with the graphics drivers?

Dragons952, Jan 19, 2020
  4. horik Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

I use Win10 Home and it does not auto-update graphic drivers.

horik, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers ! - Similar Threads - Stop updating graphics

2. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  3. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver: Im pretty sure i acidently unplugged my pc when it was mid windows update cause my wall outlets suck, When i turned it on, it said something about fixing my C drive, looked it up and found a way to bypass that, but now im unable to update my windows, every time i try it says...
  4. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver: Im pretty sure i acidently unplugged my pc when it was mid windows update cause my wall outlets suck, When i turned it on, it said something about fixing my C drive, looked it up and found a way to bypass that, but now im unable to update my windows, every time i try it says...
  5. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10: I have this new core i3 PC with Foxconn H67MP motherboard. 2gb RAM.After a fresh install of windows, I try to install graphics driver and suddenly, the PC freezes with nothing working. When this happens, the only way to to turn it off is to unplug it from the power source....
  7. Graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics driver update: Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an AMD driver. Is it possible to prevent windows update from changing my driver version?...
  8. Stop Graphics Driver Updates

Stop Graphics Driver Updates: My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home. Within the last month or so, my graphics driver software has been automatically updating itself every single day, to a version that is incompatible with my current hardware. I have had this laptop since January, and did not...
  9. Elsword, Graphics Driver, and Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elsword, Graphics Driver, and Windows 10 Updates: I wanna ask tho since I had been troubleshooting for 4 months and no luck that Elsword keeps Crashing after 5 minutes in game, Which started in March 6, I don't think it relates to the game update tho since people beside me don't have such problems, and also I only have to...
  10. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277