Windows 10: Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE!

Discus and support Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know, I read the tutorial and DID disable Automount. I want to put a TIVO drive in and run software (DVRBars) to back up the TIVO Drive, however, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MPSAN, Mar 3, 2020.

1. MPSAN Win User

Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE!

I know, I read the tutorial and DID disable Automount. I want to put a TIVO drive in and run software (DVRBars) to back up the TIVO Drive, however, if Windows in ANY way does anything to this TIVO drive it will be dead forever! The program says to "Do Not Run Windows Disk Manager" so is disabling automount what he means? I have a SATA dock and have a backup drive that I use, that is usually powered off.. IF I put the TIVO Drive in there will it try to mount it anyway as a drive letter is assigned when the Backup drive is in there and powered on, or does Windows know it is a different Volume?

Thank you and I hope this is the correct forum.

:)

MPSAN, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 3, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE!

Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE!

1. Stop Windows 1909 from Trying to Initialize / mount DRIVE! - Similar Threads - Stop 1909 Trying

2. Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11: I have mounted Bitlocker Drive using FTK Imager. When I using windows 10, we can unlock Bitlocker Drive by entering 48 key in windows explorer. However, I utilized windows 11, no option to input recovery key. I have already tried using manage-bde in CMD and UnlockBitlocker in...
  3. Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11: I have mounted Bitlocker Drive using FTK Imager. When I using windows 10, we can unlock Bitlocker Drive by entering 48 key in windows explorer. However, I utilized windows 11, no option to input recovery key. I have already tried using manage-bde in CMD and UnlockBitlocker in...
  4. Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory: Disks are mounted read-only in C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0\ I've added exclusions for C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\*\*\*\* Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\ Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0 each shows excluded...
  5. Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive: I have recently installed a new version of Windows which means I have lost my data. Before doing so, I created a system image so I could move important files back to my PC. However, if I try to do anyhting with this Hard Disk Image File then this popup appears: [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows has stopped mounting internal and external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows has stopped mounting internal and external drives: Hello, Recently, I noticed that some USB flash drives were not mounted automatically. Initially I've thought it's not big deal, and just mounted them manually. But then, after restart, Windows decided to mount nothing but C: . I've already tried about a dozen tutorials...
  7. Windows has stopped mounting internal and external drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has stopped mounting internal and external drives: Hello, Recently, I noticed that some USB flash drives were not mounted automatically. Initially I've thought it's not big deal, and just mounted them manually. But then, after restart, Windows decided to mount nothing but C: . I've already tried about a dozen tutorials...
  8. Trying to initialize a second hard drive

Trying to initialize a second hard drive: I nuked a hardrive I had from before and put it into my PC. My PC sees all the information but when I try to initialize disk I get the error message: Disk Management The opertaion failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the...
  9. Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10: How to: Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 How to Mount a Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 You can assign a mount point folder path to a drive to have the drive appear as a normal folder located where you want. With you mount an internal or external drive to an...
  10. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103