Windows 10: Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

Discus and support Stop windows asking for me to make a pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Granitebeard, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is there a way to make windows to stop requiring this everytime? It is my computer, not theirs, I shouldn't have to bend to microshafts whims for something I bought.

:)

Granitebeard, Feb 29, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Feb 29, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

Windows Not asking for Bluetooh PIN

Hello Medic535,

To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• What device are you trying to connect?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows is currently installed?
    • Have you updated the Bluetooth driver on your computer?
    • Have you checked if the same thing happens when you try to connect another Bluetooth device?
    • Have you checked if your Bluetooth device has a manual that contains the PIN?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the answer of MVP Andre Da Costa on this
    thread
    to walk you through setting up your Bluetooth device with Windows 10.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

1. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin - Similar Threads - Stop asking pin

2. Windows 11 - How do I stop it asking me to change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How do I stop it asking me to change PIN: Hi I keep searching this forum but can't find a solution that works . I want to disable having to change my PIN , I live alone and my laptop has never left my house since I bought it why on earth would I need to change my PIN every 60 days !!!. I have followed the rather...
  3. Windows 11 - How do I stop it asking me to change PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - How do I stop it asking me to change PIN: Hi I keep searching this forum but can't find a solution that works . I want to disable having to change my PIN , I live alone and my laptop has never left my house since I bought it why on earth would I need to change my PIN every 60 days !!!. I have followed the rather...
  4. My computer keeps asking me to make a pin a but then won’t let me make one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps asking me to make a pin a but then won’t let me make one: Two days ago, my computer has been asking me to sign in using my Microsoft password, then it asks me to make a pin. However, when I try to make a pin it says that it’s having trouble and to retry later. I’ve seen some threads similar to the problem I’m having that’s about two...
  5. My computer keeps asking me to make a pin a but then won’t let me make one

My computer keeps asking me to make a pin a but then won’t let me make one: Two days ago, my computer has been asking me to sign in using my Microsoft password, then it asks me to make a pin. However, when I try to make a pin it says that it’s having trouble and to retry later. I’ve seen some threads similar to the problem I’m having that’s about two...
  6. How to stop windows making me change my pin!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows making me change my pin!!!: I know this has already been asked and answered before but none of the solutions have worked for me. Whenever I try and follow the previous solutions, either the file I need to open does not exist or a message would pop up like this: 'This snapin may not be used with this...
  7. How to stop windows making me change my pin!!!

How to stop windows making me change my pin!!!: I know this has already been asked and answered before but none of the solutions have worked for me. Whenever I try and follow the previous solutions, either the file I need to open does not exist or a message would pop up like this: 'This snapin may not be used with this...
  8. How to stop windows making me change my pin!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. how do stop windows asking me to create a pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do stop windows asking me to create a pin: so, i reinstalled windows, now every time i turn on my pc it asks for me to create a pin, but i cant since i no longer have access to that email (i did the recovery form now and in the past but nothing yet) so any way to disable it asking me to do it? cheers submitted by...
  10. Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin: I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now every time I reboot my computer Windows insists that I create a pin for it, claiming "We think you'll like it". I don't like it,...