Windows 10: Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards

Discus and support Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thanks have done as you suggested, will try it out over the weekend to see if it speeds up the import from SD card to Lightroom Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bikeit, Apr 5, 2018.

1. bikeit Win User

Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards

Thanks have done as you suggested, will try it out over the weekend to see if it speeds up the import from SD card to Lightroom

bikeit, Apr 5, 2018
  2. bikeit Win User

I do a lot of photography and regularly upload 1200 photos in Adobe Lightroom to be edited, so is there any way i can get Windows Defender to not scan the SD card when im importing the photos into Lightroom .

:)

bikeit, Apr 17, 2018
  3. how to remove virus from SD card which is harmful for android mobile?

My SD card is affected by the virus & when I scan it window defender it did not show me any thing it show me that there is no virus in your SD Card.

amitkumar53, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards

micro sd card

win 10 can't read micro sd card

Moved from: (Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats / Windows 10)

lawrencenguyen, Apr 17, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    WD Settings►Virus & Threat Protection settings►Exclusions-Add or remove exclusions►+ Add an exclusion►Folder►navigate to►select.

Edwin, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards

1. Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards - Similar Threads - Stop Defender scanning

2. sd card not scanning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card not scanning?: My micro sd wont be detected when put into my usb all in one sd card reader. It only works when I put it in my adapter and put it in the normal sd slot. I misplaced my adapter so it would be nice to know a fix...
  3. sd card not scanning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sd card not scanning?: My micro sd wont be detected when put into my usb all in one sd card reader. It only works when I put it in my adapter and put it in the normal sd slot. I misplaced my adapter so it would be nice to know a fix...
  4. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender quick scans stopped.: It won't do schedule daily scan as before or shows in notifications that it's done with no threats found but it doesn't appear on windows defender.when I force quick scan or do full scan I get weird number of files count increasing so fast in a very strange manner at the very...
  5. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender quick scans stopped.: It won't do schedule daily scan as before or shows in notifications that it's done with no threats found but it doesn't appear on windows defender.when I force quick scan or do full scan I get weird number of files count increasing so fast in a very strange manner at the very...
  6. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Defender Stops Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Stops Scanning: When I start a virus scan using Windows 10 Defender it stops scanning after just a few minutes on full scan and says " threat protection has stopped with an option to restart it. After clicking the restart button, Defender doesn't restart. Help would be appreciated....
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  9. SD card stopped working.

SD card stopped working.: Hi, My SD cards are suddenly not being recognised by Windows. They don't work with any adaptor including a USB one, I've tried 3 separate adaptors and 3 different micro SDs. Things I have already tried: I've confirmed that the SD card is working on another device &...
  10. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender sd card