Windows 10: Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

Discus and support Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think i've tried about every guide and registry edit I could find on google but this problem still persists... I write music with some software and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aimbit, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Aimbit Win User

Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

I think i've tried about every guide and registry edit I could find on google but this problem still persists...

I write music with some software and I often do not need to move my mouse. Windows assumes that I am not using my computer and locks the screen with my password automatically (after 10 minutes maybe?).

I have tried changing power settings, user settings, every setting I can think of... I googled some answers suggesting registry edits and the like, but nothing seems to work. My computer just goes ahead and locks itself automatically.

I WANT a password on my computer, but I DONT want it to automatically lock from inactivity.

:)

Aimbit, Aug 14, 2018
  2. JDIDDY_66 Win User

how to stop Windows 10 desktop auto lock after 1 minute of inactivity requiring password

I am operating Windows 10 and my machine automatically goes into lock screen after one minute of inactivity. My settings for screen saver and lock screen are not set for one minute and this automatic one minute lock gets very frustrating. Please assist
    in a solution to stop my machine from automatically going into lock screen after one minute.

JDIDDY_66, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Desktop icons are locked on Windows 10.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand your desktop icons are locked and you are unable to arrange them the way you want on the desktop.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “icons are locked”, do you mean you are not able to move and place the icons on the desktop?

• Did you check if the Auto arrange icons option is enabled on your PC?

Enabling Auto arrange icons option will not let you place the icons manually in the order of your choice on the desktop. If you turn off the
    Auto arrange icons option, you will be able to place the icons anywhere on your desktop screen.

Check if you have enabled Auto arrange icon option on your PC by following the steps below:

• Right click on the empty space of the desktop and hover the mouse pointer over at
      View option.

• Check if the Auto arrange icons option is checked.

• If the option is checked, uncheck the
      Auto arrange icons option from the sub window.

• Close the windows, arrange the icons as per your choice and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

1. Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity - Similar Threads - Stop auto locking

2. Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 11, and now the taskbar keeps auto-hiding. I made sure that this feature was unchecked in taskbar behavior, and I've restarted my computer multiple times to see if it's a bug that needs to be fixed. I want my taskbar to be...
  3. Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows from Auto-hiding Taskbar: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 11, and now the taskbar keeps auto-hiding. I made sure that this feature was unchecked in taskbar behavior, and I've restarted my computer multiple times to see if it's a bug that needs to be fixed. I want my taskbar to be...
  4. Stop Macabus from auto-installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Macabus from auto-installing.: Hi,How can I stop Macabus from auto-installing?I've already deleted the Program File but this pops-up when I open Word or Excel.Hope you can help me.Thanks in advance!...
  5. turn off lock screen from inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off lock screen from inactivity: I have changed system unattended sleep timeout to 90 minutes and console lock display timeout to 90 min but sometimes by screen will timeout and go to lockscreen within say 5 min. I am using openshell to get rid of windows new interface....
  6. Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?: This issue has popped up within the last few weeks and I've never had it happen before in the years I've played games. While I am playing a game, anytime I leave the game idle for a minute or two as get up and walk away from my desk it automatically minimizes to the desktop....
  7. How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...: I should mention i'm using it in a VM, which i assume shouldn't make a difference. Only think i can think of as a reason is my company somehow is overriding my policy with theirs? is there a way to confirm this? submitted by /u/DoubleDooper [link] [comments]...
  8. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?: If I leave my laptop untouched, it locks the screen and goes to lockscreen after ~5 minutes. How do I prevent this? I'm NOT talking about screen turning off. I'm fine with screen turning off. But I don't want the screen to lock. In other words, Is this possible - Laptop...
  9. To stop Windows defender from auto scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To stop Windows defender from auto scans: Any way to stop WD from doing periodical auto scans ? 152317
  10. Stopping windows from auto resizing and autorelocating.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stopping windows from auto resizing and autorelocating.: There are only a few occasion when I like Aero (if Aero is the cause) - that is the decrease in size of windows of some programs when they are pulled away from the top edge of the screen. ALL the other auroresizing that Aero (?) does in Win10 I find annoying. Is there a way...