Windows 10: Stop windows from changing my display settings

Discus and support Stop windows from changing my display settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sportflyer, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Stop windows from changing my display settings

I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP Envy Recline 23-k011.

However the settings do not always hold after a shutdown and reboot . It reverts back to 100% brightness and cool mode . Contrast setting remains un affected

1) After updating the drivers , the setting held for a few days , then reverted to 100% brightness and cool setting.
    2) From HP support Community, I disabled the triggers in Task Manager (\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem) that allows Windows to load color Calibration on logon and on connection to user session. This worked for a few days , then reverts back to default 100% brightness and cool settings.

Something is triggering the change. Any ideas what is happening?

Is there some other program I can use besides HP My Display ?

Tks

:)

sportflyer, Oct 7, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Stop windows from changing my display settings

Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Stop windows from changing my display settings

1. Stop windows from changing my display settings - Similar Threads - Stop changing display

2. Explorer stopped displaying changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer stopped displaying changes: Sometime in the last hour or so, Windows Explorer stopped any chanhgesd I make to the contetys of a folder, such as renaming a file or moving it to another folder.For example, if I change the name of a file, when I press Enter, the original name is displayed. If I press F5,...
  3. Explorer stopped displaying changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer stopped displaying changes: Sometime in the last hour or so, Windows Explorer stopped any chanhgesd I make to the contetys of a folder, such as renaming a file or moving it to another folder.For example, if I change the name of a file, when I press Enter, the original name is displayed. If I press F5,...
  4. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  5. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  6. Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings: This problem is on Windows 10 and I have no idea why it is not resolved yet. I've seen other posts about it but no sure fix. Why is it every time I plug in a new device to my PC that has audio capabilities. Windows automatically thinks I want my sound setting changed and it...
  7. How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue where my laptop's display settings change whenever I unplug it and switch to battery power. Specifically, unplugging the laptop reduces the display's refresh rate. The normal setting for the refresh rate is 60hz [ATTACH]...
  8. Changing display settings

Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  9. Stop changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop changing my settings: Dear Microsoft, Please stop changing my settings every time you install an update. It's my computer not yours. Having to go back and change things is a waste of my time. Also, please provide some estimate of how long an update will take so I don't lose hours of my time,...
  10. How Stop Folder Settings From Changing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Stop Folder Settings From Changing?: Is there a registry fix to keep folder settings from changing? This is a really irritating problem. I tried everything, including suggestions. So I was wondering if someone came up with a reg fix. Thanks in advance ~ Sean. 69196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calibration loader windows 10

2. stop windows from changing my settings