Windows 10: Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

Discus and support Stop Windows From Installing Drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_harassed, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97 drivers which work great. Bad news is, @#&*^$ Windows Update keeps installing updated versions of the drivers without asking.

I've already done #1 and #3 on this site, which don't seem to stop the damn thing from going ahead and doing it anyway. I never can get to the prompt about never downloading anything from Windows Update, so I guess that must've been removed from the first option. So then I have to use the driver installer from Dell's site to remove the "new" drivers, reboot so Windows installs the AC97 drivers, and then rinse and repeat every so often. Are there any other methods for stopping Windows from installing updated drivers?

submitted by /u/the_harassed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_harassed, Jul 10, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 10, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

1. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers - Similar Threads - Stop Installing Drivers

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?: Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked. Windows Update insists on automatically...
  5. Stop Driver Auto-Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Driver Auto-Installation: Hi, I want to know how to prevent Windows from installing and updating drivers on my laptop. Windows keeps updating my graphic card driver to latest version and that said driver is problematic. I also try to uninstall the driver but Windows always install the driver again....
  6. Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers: Hi When Windows 10 upgrades your existing installation, it will (without even asking you!) install generic "Microsoft" drivers which don't work properly. Every time I've upgraded Windows 10 (currently using 1903), I have to re-install the Broadcom Ethernet device driver,...
  7. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?: How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class driver automatically without giving me option to manually browse to the driver location to pick driver ".inf" file that i...
  8. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...
  9. Can no longer stop the Realtek drivers from installing automatically.

Can no longer stop the Realtek drivers from installing automatically.: Why can Microsoft understand I don't want to use these POS Realtek drivers. I use to disable driver updates from Windows 10 by going into Device Installation settings and Never install drivers from Windows update but now since the last stupid update everytime the POS Realtek...
  10. Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?: Hi everyone, My ati graficscard in my hp notebook broke (probably overheated at one point). While I was using windows 7 there was no problem starting my laptop b/c I just deinstalled the driver of that card. Since i upgraded to Windows 10 it alwaYs reinstalls the driver....