Windows 10: Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own

Discus and support Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a number of reasons, I've turned off automatic computer and monitor sleep in the power options. When I want to sleep my displays, I do that through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deviltrombone, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own

For a number of reasons, I've turned off automatic computer and monitor sleep in the power options. When I want to sleep my displays, I do that through Autohotkey, and they go to sleep. However, I find that every time I come back to my PC, the monitors are back on. I only want them to come on when I wake them manually, say, by pressing a key on my keyboard. Any idea how to make this work?

submitted by /u/deviltrombone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deviltrombone, Jul 6, 2020

2. Laptop wakes up from sleep on its own

Hi Monica,

It happened again last night. The laptop was plugged in and with the lid closed. It turned on on its own in the middle of the night and woke me up as well because the fans were quite loud. I opened the lid, but it didn't 'wake up'. I had to hold the power button
    for a few seconds to switch it off.

This happened after I followed the steps in your first answer. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

BrunoImbrizi, Jul 6, 2020
  3. My Windows 10 computer keeps waking up on its own

I have Windows `10 -- My computer keeps waking up on its own. How do I stop this from happening?

JOHNROSSI1, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own

Laptop wakes up from hibernation on its own

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to execute below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if they help you in fixing the issue.

Method 1:

Try to run Built-in Power Troubleshooter to see what it results.

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select same from the list.

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Power” troubleshooter from the list.

* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”. Also ensure to select
    Run as administrator.

* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. Now see what it results.

Method 2:

Sometimes network card is the most common source of wake-up. Check your network card properties to see if incase it is causing the problem.

• Press Windows Key + X, then click “Device Manager

• Expand the list for “Network adapters

• Right-click the network adapter to be configured and choose “Properties”. There may be several adapters, one for Ethernet, one for wireless, and others like Bluetooth

• Then go to “Power Management” tab

• Uncheck “Allow this device to wake the computer

• Click “OK”.
    Click Power Management tab and uncheck the options there to prevent your network card from every waking up your Windows. Now see if it fix the issue.

Moreover, ensure that your system is up to date with Windows Updates. Go to
    Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and check for any available updates. Also suggest you to check and install all latest and compatible windows 10 drivers from Manufacture's website for your device. Most
    probably it will fix all issues.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own

1. Stop Windows from waking monitors on its own - Similar Threads - Stop waking monitors

2. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  3. Laptop recognizing its own monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop recognizing its own monitor: Hello, my laptop recently stopped recognizing its own screen as a monitor. The only way to use it is to plug it into a secondary external monitor via an hdmi cord. I checked an ensured that the drivers were up to date and tried booting it in safe mode to no avail. So, I'm...
  4. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  5. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own: Recently my desktop computer will not sleep or hibernate. about 30 seconds after switching to sleep or hibernate the pc wakes up again. I am using Window 10 Home all updated to with the latest updates. Can anyone help please?...
  6. PC waking from sleep or hibernation on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...
  8. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own: Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find...
  9. HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation

HP450 Laptop wakes up on its own from hibernation: I have an HP450 running Windows 10 version 1903. It wakes up on its own from hibernation. Seems to occur if we leave it in hibernation for about 8 hours. I have reviewed other similar problems on Community but cannot resolve this. I disabled setting for plugged in:...
  10. PC keeps waking op on its own!

PC keeps waking op on its own!: Hi, for those also having this issue, to solve this problem: - Run a command prompt as administrator. - Enter what is in between the quotes: "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" Now you see a list of devices able to wake your PC. One example "Logitech HID-Compliant...