Windows 10: Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...

Discus and support Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've researched this everywhere, tried everything from editing the registry to uninstalling PowerShell to malware checks, etc. The solution is so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArZi2, Apr 2, 2022.

1. ArZi2 Win User

Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...

I've researched this everywhere, tried everything from editing the registry to uninstalling PowerShell to malware checks, etc. The solution is so simple. Windows Power Shell is a part of Windows Terminal--disable Windows Terminal as a Startup program, and the issue is fixed. Here's the resolution for Windows 11 PCs:START, Task Manager. From the Startup tab, Name column, scroll down to Windows Terminal. Under Status if it is Enabled, click Disable button in bottom, right corner. Reboot and issue should be resolved.Note that if Windows PowerShell app is running, you can click Processes tab, ex

:)

ArZi2, Apr 2, 2022

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 2, 2022
  3. SilviaMN Win User
    Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup, but under the task menu start up tab it is disabled. Is there another way I can stop it from running automatically?

SilviaMN, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...

1. Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task... - Similar Threads - Stop PowerShell opening

2. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  3. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  4. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Terminal opens after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal opens after startup: Hello!A few minutes after a startup the Terminal appears with this text and I don't know what it is. I was allready running all kinds of scans in the Windows Defender an it found nothing....
  6. Terminal opens after startup

Terminal opens after startup: Hello!A few minutes after a startup the Terminal appears with this text and I don't know what it is. I was allready running all kinds of scans in the Windows Defender an it found nothing....
  7. Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...

Stop Windows PowerShell from opening after Startup--disable Windows Terminal app via Task...: I've researched this everywhere, tried everything from editing the registry to uninstalling PowerShell to malware checks, etc. The solution is so simple. Windows Power Shell is a part of Windows Terminal--disable Windows Terminal as a Startup program, and the issue is fixed....
  8. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  9. Windows PowerShell keeps on opening after startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows PowerShell keeps on opening after startup.: Every time a turn on my computer, Windows PowerShell keeps on trying to open. It tries apx 5 times and it's fine then, since I close it every time, but it's annoying and I don't know why is it doing that. This started happening a few weeks ago out of nowhere. It's disabled in...
  10. Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal: Does anyone know what have Windows Terminal WindowsTerminal.exe to do in the autostarts ? If it is just for a starting service for Windows Terminal, it would not be in the Startups I guess. Warm regards...