Windows 10: Stop windows search in onedrive

Discus and support Stop windows search in onedrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum, When I use my search windows, It always search first my one drive. I Really want to stop it. Just want windows to search things that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SwissExcel, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Stop windows search in onedrive

Hello Forum,
    When I use my search windows, It always search first my one drive. I Really want to stop it. Just want windows to search things that are on my computer.
    Any idea?
    Cheers

:)

SwissExcel, Nov 24, 2017
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Something keeps adding onedrive folders to libraries

By disabling onedrive, I was able to determine that it was onedrive that was adding them back in.

I searched thorough the registry to find any references to the folders and found some in the shellfolders key, alongside the regular shellfolders. I removed these, and the problem stopped.

How did they get into the shellfolders key in the registry?

Lance Kibblewhite, Nov 24, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Stop windows search in onedrive

spunk, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Unfortunately, problem doesn't go away.
    I have disabled cloud search... but every time i search my computer. One drive comes first.

THIS DRIVES MY CRAZY.
    any idea what else I need to disable?

Cheers

SwissExcel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Stop windows search in onedrive

1. Stop windows search in onedrive - Similar Threads - Stop search onedrive

2. stop OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop OneDrive: I have already unlinked my computer Lenovo Windows 11 but when I create a new folder it is still created within the OneDrive structure on my c drive. When I try to copy the files and/or folders, I am prevented from doing so.How do I stop OneDrive from controlling my computer?...
  3. Windows 11 Search & OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search & OneDrive: Hi,My Windows 11 search locates files on my OneDrive, but will not open them. My work around is to open the path, scroll to the file, and open it from File Explorer. If I search for files saved to my hard drive they will open with no issue. Please help. Thanks,Danny...
  4. Windows 11 Search & OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search & OneDrive: Hi,My Windows 11 search locates files on my OneDrive, but will not open them. My work around is to open the path, scroll to the file, and open it from File Explorer. If I search for files saved to my hard drive they will open with no issue. Please help. Thanks,Danny...
  5. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping': I need some help getting my Search Index turned onThe Search Index has turned itself offI can't turn it back on because the Windows Search constantly says 'Stopping' and I don't have any of the options availableThe Search Index location is also blank...
  6. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping': I need some help getting my Search Index turned onThe Search Index has turned itself offI can't turn it back on because the Windows Search constantly says 'Stopping' and I don't have any of the options availableThe Search Index location is also blank...
  7. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Cortana
  8. Windows Search Indexer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Indexer and OneDrive: Before I do something I regret, does Indexing the OneDrive folder start downloading all the files it has indexed? I have about 700GB of files up there that are set to online-only and don't really fancy kicking off a download of these things. submitted by /u/ProjectVRD...
  9. OneDrive Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Search: I have many folders in my OneDrive. When I open my browser and go to www.OneDrive.com, I see all of my folders (so far so good). In my Music folder (just one of many folders), I would like to search for all .mp3 files. So I open my Music folder, and I enter information in...
  10. Search Stopped Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Stopped Searching: I tried typing in the Start Button a while ago; nothing happened. I tried using the search icon next to the start button; same result. Rebooted, no success. Shut down, unplugged power for a minute, restarted, search worked. Less than an hour later, search again does...